Rare Groove are a London based party band who play an extensive repertoire of hits from the 60's to the modern day. The band play a combination of Pop/Rock from the past 60 years adding their own unique twist to create a fresh, new sound you won't hear anywhere else as well as classic Funk and Soul performed in an authentic vintage style.
The band was formed in London out of a selection of the cities top musicians. Members of Rare Groove have played all over the world at prestigious venues including Glastonbury, Isle of Wight Festival, Bestival, Ronnie Scotts Jazz club and many more! The band have played with and shared stages with acts including Olly Murs, Will Young, Gregory Porter, Hot 8 Brass Band and more. Version provide both a highly professional and polished performance whilst making sure all of your personal requirements are met to make your event absolutely perfect.
Version are happy to accommodate any requests you may have including first dances with the option of having a bespoke arrangement created specifically for your special day. The band will go above and beyond to make sure that your day goes as smoothly as it possibly can. The group provides all of their own equipment including 1000W PA system and lighting. Version also provide a free DJ after their performance up until midnight, potentially saving you hundreds of pounds booking one separately.
Version come in configurations of 4 - 7 members to suit any size or budget. The core band can be enhanced by adding a two piece horn section which will take your event to the next level with their rich and vibrant sound. A stripped back acoustic trio is also available either as a main feature or as an additional extra to the full band.
matt ling• Feb. 10, 2017
"Rare Groove were AMAZING! If you are looking for a band for your event, look no further. Sign them up today - just brilliant!
The band couldn't have been more accommodating, allowing us to choose our own set list, for the live sets and the dj sets, were communicative and flexible throughout, and were charming when we met them at one of their pub gig nights in London beforehand.
They had our wedding guests dancing all night, with the venue rocking. Shared playful banter with the guests, and were just a delight.
I would not hesitate to book them again if I had another event in the future, and would recommend them to anyone. We have received nothing but good feedback and praise from our wedding guests.
Thank you so much Rare Groove, you were awesome!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Rare Groove are the perfect party band to make your event stand out from the crowd!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have a fresh and unique sound that you won't hear anywhere else! All of our songs are arranged specifically to cater to as many guests as possible and get everyone up onto the dancefloor. We are willing to go the extra mile to make your event as special as it can possibly be.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We have experience serving both private and corporate events of all kinds. These include weddings, birthday parties, anniversary parties, garden parties, corporate christmas parties and awards ceremonies.
- Who are your previous clients?We have previously worked with clients who include Radisson Blu hotels, Winchester Student Union, lastminute.com and many more
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept payment by cash, online bank transfer and cheque.
- How long do you play for?All of our prices are based on 2 x 60 minute sets. These can be altered with prior negotiation.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes we are completely self contained and provide a 1000w PA system and lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we have Public Liability Insurance through the Musicians Union and all of our equipment is PAT tested.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can learn one request free of charge and can even offer to give this song a bespoke arrangement from our musical director. Additional requests can be discussed for an additional fee.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We generally take one break which last from between half hour to one hour.
00's - Present Day
American Boy - Estelle
Bet You Look Good On The Dance Floor – Arctic Monkeys
California Gurls – Katy Perry
Can’t Get You Out Of My Head – Kylie Minogue
Crazy in Love - Beyonce
Forget You – Cee Lo Green
Get Lucky – Daft Punk
I Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
Ignition - R Kelly
Happy – Pharell
Just Dance – Lady Gaga
Last Night – The Strokes
Locked Out Of Heaven – Bruno Mars
Mercy - Duffy
Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
Mr Brightside – The Killers
Price Tag – Jessie J
Rather Be – Clean Bandit
Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes
Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
Shake It Off – Taylor Swift
Single Ladies - Beyonce
Rolling In The Deep – Adele
Toxic – Britney Spears
Treasure – Bruno Mars
Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Valerie – Amy Winehouse
Wake Me Up - Avicii
We Found Love – Rihanna
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tami Tarrell
Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
All Night Long – Lionel Richie
Best Of My Love – The Emotions
Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
Blame it on the Boogie – The Jacksons
California Soul - Marlena Shaw
Car Wash – Rose Royce
Dancing in The Street – Martha Reeves
Good Times – Chic
Got To Be Real – Cheryl Lynn
Greatest Dancer – Sister Sledge
Heard It Through The Grapevine – Marvin Gaye
I Want You Back – Jackson 5
Le Freak – Chic
Livin' on a Prayer - Bon Jovi
My Generation - The Who
Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
Relight My Fire - Take That
Respect – Aretha Franklin
Rock With You – Michael Jackson
Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones
September – Earth Wind and Fire
Signed Sealed Delivered – Stevie Wonder
Shout - Lulu
Show Me Love - Robin S
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Somebody Elses Guy – Jocelyn Brown
Son of a Preacher Man – Dusty Springfield
Soul Man – Sam and Dave
Superstition – Stevie Wonder
Take On Me - Aha
Think – Aretha Franklin
Upside Down – Diana Ross
Uptight – Stevie Wonder
We Are Family – Sister Sledge
Laptop DJ service available free of charge until midnight
Based in North London but able to travel across the UK.
Equipment and Setup
The band is fully self contained and supply both their own 1000w PA system as well as lighting. They require 1 hour to setup and soundcheck their equipment upon arrival.