Rachel Somerset is a professional violinist who specialises in providing outstanding and high standard live music performances for corporate and private events, weddings, dinner parties, serenades and many other special occasions.
Having established herself as one of the most sought after violinists in the UK’s Events & Wedding industries, Rachel performs at over 180 private and corporate events each year.
Rachel is an avid performer of extraordinary music and is regularly engaged to perform in London and the rest of the UK, Europe and South America. Her live and eclectic electric or acoustic violin performances bring a touch of excellence to any great event as well as being a fantastic alternative to a string quartet.
Marilyn• 25 Jul 2018
Rachel was simply stunning. So many comments made by guests to me about her wonderful playing. The sound from the violin was the perfect choice for our wedding. She played our requests brilliantly and there was no hesitation from her despite having to learn 2 new pieces of music. Would definitely recommend to family and friends.
Jay & Peter - Buckinghamshire Golf Club• 31 Jan 2018
WOW! We would like to say a massive thank you to Rachel for playing so beautifully on our Wedding Reception. You have made our day very special. What a pleasant surprise for our guests. Everyone was so impressed with your performance and professionalism. It's very true that no words can describe how good you were. We will never forget that. Thank you again.
Nasreen & Kibria - The May Fair Hotel, London• 25 Nov 2018
We just wanted to say a big thank you for Sunday. You did an amazing job, and hands down the best violinist we have seen. We will most definitely be recommending you to others.
Emanuele & Cristina, The Old Marylebone Town Hall & The Langham Hotel• 2 Mar 2019
Thank you for suggesting to play at the ceremony, it was the right choice! We have been all deeply touched by the music, and emotional tears came down right from the start. You are an absolute delight and we feel blessed to have had you at our ceremony.
Stacey English | Events Co-Ordinator at King George & Queen's Hospitals Charity• 7 Dec 2018
I wanted to say a personal thank you to you for your magnificent performance on the night.
The feedback from guests has been outstanding and I want to share some of the comments from the guests with you..."wow, what a beautiful person", "made the hairs on the back of my neck go up", "performance was magnificent", "fabulous surprise for the drinks reception", magnificent"...
The Masquerade Ball has been a huge success and with the support of corporate businesses, local businesses, friends, ...
- Do you play Bollywood music?Absolutely. Rachel Somerset is one of the first professional violinists in the United Kingdom to have started providing Bollywood Violin Music to Asian Events & Weddings. Her experience in the Asian Wedding & Events Market is unsurpassed. Her large sound system is also ideal for asian events where up to 450 guests are expected. Rachel will not depend on your having a DJ present on the day of your wedding, or on your venue providing a sound system. By hiring Rachel Somerset's Bollywood Performances you will be hiring not only an excellent Bollywood Musician, but also the appropriate amplification which is often needed for Asian Events, at no extra cost. Please discuss your requirements and number of guests directly with Rachel and she and her team will be able to better assist you.
- Why should I book Rachel Somerset instead of another musician?Rachel Somerset is one of the most well-established events violinist in the United Kingdom, with unsurpassed experience in the Events and Wedding Industries. Having performed at thousands of events across the entire country, and also the rest of the world, Rachel has what it takes to make your event even more special and unforgettable. She also has top of the genre instruments and sound equipment. She exudes professionalism during every single performance, and every song is performed to the highest standard and quality. She is fully insured and her electrical equipment is also fully Pat Tested, which is a pre-requirement at the most prestigious venues in the country. Rachel DOES NOT have a clause in her contract stating that if equipment fails on the day your money will be fully refunded. Rachel has back up instruments and back up sound systems during absolutely every single event, eliminating the risk of faulty equipment ruining the day. A sound engineer is also present at most events, monitoring the sound quality throughout the entire performance.
- Can I come and hear you perform live for me and my family?Rachel is engaged to perform every week, sometimes up to 6 times a week. Her time is strictly spent rehearsing arduously for upcoming events and attending such events each week. Hence she is unable to accommodate requests for live demonstrations. Rachel Somerset is a highly experienced violinist, having worked in the Events & Wedding Industries for almost 18 years. You may rest assured that Rachel will deliver an excellent service to you and your guests. She has performed at well over 850 weddings, and many more private and corporate events, concerts and recitals. Her testimonials and reviews, which can easily be found on this profile, online and on her website, demonstrate how capable and experienced she is as a performer.
- Are you part of the Musician's Union?Yes. Rachel Somerset is a full member of the Musician's Union.
- Do you require a deposit?Yes. As a highly sought-after professional violinist a 50% deposit is required so Rachel Somerset can officially book your date and times. This allows all of Rachel's clients to rest assured that she will be attending their event and that everything is legitimate and that they are hiring a professional musician instead of an amateur or part time artist who doesn't require a deposit hence are unable to guarantee their attendance. Deposits are always paid directly to PopTop.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, as a full-time violinist, Rachel Somerset takes pride in being the only solo violinist in the UK who can accommodate any event where up to 450 guests are expected at no extra charge to the client and with no need for a DJ or house system at your venue. Rachel's sound team will set up an appropriate sound system for anything between 2 guests and 450 guests. This is normally ideal for Asian Events where the client doesn't wish to or will not be having a DJ present at their venue but are still expecting up to 450 guests. If more than 450 guests are expected you may hire a bigger sound system directly with her sound team or you may need to provide a suitable system or DJ on site. Please get in touch for further details. Basic lighting of the performance area, including laser lights are available. Please request this in advance if applicable. Rachel takes great pride in being the only solo violinist in the UK Events & Weddings Insdustry able to provide her own amplification for up to 450 guests at no extra cost to the client. Rachel's performances are completely independent from third parties having to provide appropriate equipment.
- How to I make payments?The 50% deposit is paid directly to PopTop. The additional 50% would be payable directly into Rachel's bank account (bank details would be sent to you after the booking is confirmed). The full payment should be cleared 14 days before the date of your event. If your booking is being reserved within 14 days of today's date then the full payment would be due and the full fee would be payable directly to PopTop. No cash payments accepted.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Rachel Somerset specialises in providing outstanding and professional violin performances for Corporate & Private Events, Civil Ceremonies, Religious Ceremonies, Drinks & Canapes Reception, Dinner Parties, Asian Weddings, Asian Bridal Entrances, House Parties, Garden Parties, Funeral Services and many more. Please don't hesitate to contact Rachel for more details and discuss your event.
- How much space do you require?It would depend on the kind of performance you would require. For a background performance, for example, Rachel would need very little space (enough for her to be able to open her arms and move around this small space easily).
- How long do you play for?Rachel performs up to 3x sets of 45 minutes.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, but the violin is an extremely sensitive instrument so the weather needs to be suitable. Please get in touch for further details regarding an outdoors violin performance.
- What style of music do you offer?Anything from pop to classical, and rock to bollywood.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?1 short break within each booked hour (between 10 and 15 minutes in length depending on the number of hours you book Rachel's services for).
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely. Just enquire and Rachel will be delighted to discuss your special song with you.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, Rachel holds both Public Liability Insurance and Pat Test certificates for her entire set of equipment.
Civil Wedding Ceremony
Religious Wedding Ceremony
plus many more...