Rachel Somerset is an award-winning, professional violinist who specialises in providing outstanding live music performances for corporate and private events, weddings, dinner parties, serenades and many other special occasions with unsurpassed experience in the events performance field.
Having established herself as one of the most sought after events violinists in the United Kingdom, Rachel performs at over 180 private and corporate events each year.
Rachel is an avid performer of extraordinary music and is regularly engaged to perform in London and the rest of the UK, Europe and South America. Her live and eclectic electric and acoustic violin performances bring a touch of excellence to any great event as well as being a fantastic alternative to a string quartet.
Leanne Harris• Sept. 19, 2019
We had Rachel for my brothers wedding and she was amazing.
Had so many comments on how lovely it was!
Made the ceremony so magical 😁
elizabeth cobbson• Aug. 15, 2019
Rachel was an absolute professional. Her music was brilliantly played and I have to say made the difference from just back ground music. I really love her playing style and I will be recommending her at any given opportunity. First class 👍🏼
Ameena & Rahim• July 21, 2019
We would like to say a huge thank you for your beautiful performances at our Wedding.
Having you there really touched us both and our guests, we are so glad we found you to make our day even more special.
We are still in awe over the most magical entrance we could have asked for on our special day.
Also, thank you for performing one of my fathers most favourite songs of all time too, I heard it from afar and it put a smile on my face!
You are a truly talented performer and we can't thank you enough for making our day.
Lucy Sutton• July 5, 2019
Rachel performed at our wedding last Friday and it was definitely one of the best decisions we ever made for our wedding! Rachel was amazing so professional and so so talented. Many of our guests commented on how great she was. If anyone is thinking of having a violinist perform at their wedding I definitely recommend you book Rachel- not just an amazing violinist but a lovely person too!
Ayo Harrison• May 18, 2019
Rachel was absolutely amazing! And created the perfect vibe with the music she played effortlessly. My wife and I want to extend a massive thank you to Rachel for giving us and our guests such amazing mood music on our special day.
Steven Frampton• April 27, 2019
Very enjoyable fitting perfectly with our event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Rachel Somerset specialises in providing outstanding and professional violin performances for Corporate & Private Events, Civil Ceremonies, Religious Ceremonies, Drinks & Canapes Reception, Dinner Parties, Asian Weddings, Asian Bridal Entrances, House Parties, Garden Parties, Funeral Services and many more. Please don't hesitate to contact Rachel for more details and discuss your event.
- How long do you play for?Rachel performs up to 3x sets of 45 minutes.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes, as a full-time violinist, Rachel Somerset takes pride in being the only solo violinist in the UK who can accommodate any event where up to 450 guests are expected at no extra charge to the client and with no need for a DJ or house system at your venue. Rachel's sound team will set up an appropriate sound system for anything between 2 guests and 450 guests. This is normally ideal for Asian Events where the client doesn't wish to or will not be having a DJ present at their venue but are still expecting up to 450 guests. If more than 450 guests are expected you may hire a bigger sound system directly with her sound team or you may need to provide a suitable system or DJ on site. Please get in touch for further details. Basic lighting of the performance area, including laser lights are available. Please request this in advance if applicable. Rachel takes great pride in being the only solo violinist in the UK Events & Weddings Insdustry able to provide her own amplification for up to 450 guests at no extra cost to the client. Rachel's performances are completely independent from third parties having to provide appropriate equipment.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, Rachel holds both Public Liability Insurance and Pat Test certificates for her entire set of equipment.
- How much space do you require?It would depend on the kind of performance you would require. For a background performance, for example, Rachel would need very little space (enough for her to be able to open her arms and move around this small space easily).
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely. Just enquire and Rachel will be delighted to discuss your special song with you.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One short break within each booked hour (between 10 and 15 minutes in length depending on the number of hours you book Rachel's services for). For 1 hour bookings Rachel will most often perform throughout the entire hour without the need for a break.
- What style of music do you offer?Anything from pop to classical, celtic, rock to bollywood, etc.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, but the violin is an extremely sensitive instrument so the weather needs to be suitable. Please get in touch for further details regarding an outdoors violin performance.
- Do you require a deposit?Yes. As a highly sought-after professional violinist a 50% deposit is required so Rachel Somerset can officially book your date and times. This allows all of Rachel's clients to rest assured that she will be attending their event and that everything is legitimate and agreed. You will also know you are hiring a professional musician instead of an amateur or part time artist who doesn't require a deposit, consequently being unable to guarantee their attendance. Deposits are always paid directly via PopTop.
- How to I make payments?The 50% deposit is paid directly to PopTop. The additional 50% would be payable directly into Rachel's bank account (bank details would be sent to you after the booking is confirmed). The full payment should be cleared 14 days before the date of your event. If your booking is being reserved within 14 days of today's date then the full payment would be due and the full fee would be payable directly to PopTop. No cash payments accepted.
- Do you play Bollywood music?Absolutely. Rachel Somerset is one of the first professional violinists in the United Kingdom to have started providing Bollywood Violin Music to the Asian Events & Wedding Market. Her experience as a Bollywood Violinist is unsurpassed. Her large sound system is also ideal for asian events where up to 450 guests are expected, at no extra extra cost to the client. Rachel will not depend on your having a DJ present on the day of your wedding, or on your venue providing a sound system. By hiring Rachel Somerset's Bollywood Performances you will be hiring not only an excellent Bollywood Musician, but also the appropriate amplification which is often needed during Asian Events, at no extra cost. Please discuss your requirements and number of guests directly with Rachel and she and her team will be able to better assist you. Sound system for more than 450 is also available, upon request.
- Can I come and hear you perform live for me and my family?Rachel is engaged to perform every week, sometimes up to 6 times a week. Her time is strictly spent rehearsing arduously for upcoming events and attending such events each week. Hence she is unable to accommodate requests for live demonstrations. Rachel Somerset is a highly experienced violinist, having worked in the Events & Wedding Industries for almost 18 years. You may rest assured that Rachel will deliver an excellent service to you and your guests. She has performed at well over 850 weddings, and many more private and corporate events, concerts and recitals. Her testimonials and reviews, which can easily be found on this profile, online and on her website, demonstrate how capable and experienced she is as a performer.
- Are you part of the Musician's Union?Yes. Rachel Somerset is a full member of the Musician's Union.
- Why should I book Rachel Somerset instead of another musician?Rachel Somerset is one of the most well-established events violinist in the United Kingdom, with unsurpassed experience in the Events and Wedding Industries. Having performed at thousands of events across the entire country and the rest of the world, Rachel has what it takes to make your event even more special and unforgettable. Rachel exudes professionalism during every single performance, and every song is performed to the highest standard and quality. She is fully insured and her electrical equipment is also fully Pat Tested, which is a pre-requirement at the most prestigious venues in the country. Owning top of the range instruments, from professional electric violins to expensive traditional violins, and sound equipment of the highest quality, Rachel guarantees the highest level of performance quality during every event. Your day will not have its special soundtrack jeopardised by amateur instruments or sub-standard sound systems. A sound engineer is also present at most events, monitoring the sound quality throughout the entire performance.
Civil Wedding Ceremony
Religious Wedding Ceremony
plus many more...