Rachael Gladwin is a professional harpist based in Manchester. She plays harp at weddings, christenings, corporate events and funerals. Music is a vital part of any wedding or event; Rachael is highly experienced at helping you decide on all the musical details that are going to make your day extra special. She works closely with you to put together a personalised harp programme that is just right for your occasion. Her repertoire is extensive and spans pop, classical, movie hits, bollywood, folk and jazz. If there is a tune you love that isn’t on the list Rachael is always happy to learn requests.
Rachael began playing the harp at the age of 5. She went on to study at the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts graduating in 2008 with a first class honours degree in music. Rachael has worked with artists including Guy Garvey, Corinne Bailey Rae, DJ Shadow, Gilles Peterson and Susan Boyle. She performs all over the world and draws on her vast and varied professional experience as a ha...
Sian• 24 Apr 2017
Rachael was amazing, the harp music was perfect and very moving in the ceremony. All the guests loved it. Thank you so much. Would highly recommend
Colette• 17 Nov 2018
Wow - amazing thank you. Your presence gave a different dimension to the wedding of my niece and her husband.
I couldn't recommend you more highly.
- How long do you play for?Anything up to five hours.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I provide my own amplifier.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes, I can send copies of the certificates on request.
- How much space do you require?2x3m, with access to a plug socket.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Almost certainly! Just let me know what it is, I'll be happy to help.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Ten minutes per hour
Abba - Mamma Mia
Adele - All I Ask
Adele - Chasing Pavements
Adele - Hello
Adele - Make You Feel My Love
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Adele - Someone Like You
Aerosmith - I Don’t Want To Miss A ...