Shelley LaFleur - Exeter Soul | Funk | Disco | Blues singer
Soul | Funk | Disco
Solo female singer, available for all events and occasions.
Shelley is also lead vocalist for award winning wedding and function band, Quite Brazen. Performing with the band for over ten years, they have won multiple wedding awards.
A seasoned entertainer with experience spanning two decades. After early beginnings as a dancer, she went on to study performing arts, obtaining distinctions in vocal performance, acting and modern dance. Later on she was part of a lively 'Spice Girl' tribute act and was an iconic Butlins Redcoat in her late teens, working alongside many stars of stage & screen.
Shelley has graced the stages of some of the South West's most prestigious theatres such as The Anson Rooms, The Bristol Hippodrome and The Bristol Old Vic. Shelley has also appeared as a presenter on local radio and occasionally stands in on vocals for other local bands.
Covering sultry soul favourites, funky tunes and disco classics. Ideal for weddings, birthdays, parties and drinks receptions.
Prices may vary based on time of year & location.
Charlotte Wilson• Jan. 18, 2019
John Thadwald• Sept. 22, 2018
"Hi Shelley, just a quick email to thank you and your colleagues for an amazing performance. Everyone really enjoyed it and most of all Amy and Kieran had a really memorable day and night.
Thank you for being part of that
Ashley & James• Sept. 8, 2018
We enjoyed our special day. Thank you! Everyone was commenting on how fantastic the band were so we owe a big thank you to you guys for helping make our day special too. Ashley & James
Christophe Dumiege• Dec. 31, 2017
"A Massive well done to Shelley and the band for providing and creating such a wonderful atmosphere and entertainment to our guests on NYE 2017. The feedback the next morning was exceptional and some guests have already booked for next year.
This is the best feedback we can have.
Shelley, we want you next year too. All the best for 2018 and see you in 11 months.
Anna & Dan Conibere• Dec. 16, 2017
"Thank you so much for playing at our wedding. We've have had lots of comments from people on how great you guys were, we wanted to dance the night away and you completely took the stress out of making that happen. Your set list had something for everyone and the talent of each one of you shone through. We are very proud of our memento of the signed drum stick. The fact that it broke is testament to the energy that you guys bring to your performances. Thank you once again for giving us a wedding reception that we will never forget.
Anna & Dan"
Alex and Harvey• Sept. 30, 2017
"Hope you and the rest of the band are well.
Harvey and I would like to say a big thank you to Quite Brazen for putting on such a great show on our wedding day. It was a great playlist - everyone loved your songs and were very complimentary of Quite Brazen. At the end of the night, everyone just wanted to keep going & going! I am particularly grateful to you for finding Baywatch - I recall requesting it in a not so sober state and having such a fun time jumping up and down with my uni friends like we used to do 10 years ago!
Thank you so much again for everything - for all the organising beforehand and for such a superb performance on 30 September 2017. Please pass my thanks onto the band.
Wishing you all the best for the future,
Services From Shelley LaFleur - Exeter Soul | Funk | Disco | Blues singer
Shelley LaFleur - 2 x 45 Minute Sets
Shelley LaFleur - Singer (2 x 45 Minutes) & Disco Package ( 2 Hours)
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soul | Funk | Disco Singer & Entertainer for all types of event, based in Exeter, Devon UK
- What are the highlights of your career?Winning the wedding industry awards twice running with my LIVE band Quite Brazen. Performing on stage at the Bristol Hippodrome, The Bristol Old Vic and The Anson Rooms. Opening a recording and rehearsal studio with my husband. Radio presenting.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Compact and bijou set up as a solo vocalist. Uses high quality digital state of the art systems and in ear monitoring. Mix of soul, blues, funk and disco tracks
- What kind of events do you usually serve?All types of event from weddings to birthdays & festivals.
- Who are your previous clients?Exeter Chiefs players Exeter Business Awards ICAEW - Institute of chartered accountants The Bell Inn, Malmesbury - Luxury accommodation/Entertainment for NYE Launceston Road Runners Club British Showjumping Plus hundreds of happy couples from 2010 to present day from Devon, Cornwall and Somerset.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept BACS payments and credit/debit card via stripe invoicing.
- How long do you play for?Typically the live band plays 2 x 1 hour LIVE sets We also provide Disco services between sets which (depending on the size of your venue) includes a starcloth DJ booth and full lighting with 3D laser and haze. The acoustic duo provides ceremony music if required and 2 x 45 minute sets of acoustic tunes for drinks receptions.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. All fully provided.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I do. Fully insured up to £10 million and our equipment is PAT tested annually by a certified electronic engineer.
- How much space do you require?2x2mSq minimum ideally
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I have a varied selection of songs in my repertoire to choose from and I am also happy to consider learning a specific song for your first dance together. I do have to take into consideration if the song is possible eg the style of the song and if it suits me vocally. I require a minimum of 2 weeks notice in order to provide the best quality version of the song for your day. If I unable to perform your chosen song, I can provide this for you via MP3. If you have any concerns, do feel free to discuss this with me at the time of booking, I would happily offer advice if required
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I take a short break between the two 45 minute sets to refresh and rest. For weddings this is usually at the same time as evening food is served. Interval disco music can be provided if required.
Tainted love - Gloria Jones
Take me to the river - Eva Cassidy / Al Green
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson
New Shoes - Paolo Nutini
Put your records on - Corinne Bailey Rae
Dont know why - Norah Jones
Rolling in the deep - Adele
Make you feel my love - Adele
Hard to handle - Otis Redding/Black Crowes
Le Freak - Chic
Get Lucky - Daft Punk/Pharrel
Superstition - Stevie wonder
Scissor sisters - Take your mama
New shoes - Paolo Nutini
Billy Jean - Michael Jackson
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
Rolling in the deep - Adele
Forget you - Ceelo Green
Brown sugar - Rolling stones
Super duper love - Joss Stone
At last - Etta James
Son of a preacherman - Dusty Springfield
I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
If I can't have you - Yvonne Elliman
I just want to make love to you - Etta James
Play that funky music - Wild cherry
Long train running - Doobie Brothers
Blame it on the boogie - Jackson 5
Black velvet - Alannah Miles
Plus many more sultry soul, blues and funky tunes
2 x 45 minute sets, plus interval disco music and lighting for dancefloor and stage.
Quality PA. Professional PAT tested equipment and PLI insurance.