Quite Brazen. Pop & Rock covers.
Full of personality, Quite Brazen are a professional and experienced live events band who will get the dancefloor jumping with their mix of contemporary pop and rock hits. Although we specialise in weddings - we are also able to entertain at all types of event from awards dinners, corporate product launches, holiday parks and festive events to birthday parties.
Proud to be wedding industry awards 'wedding band of the year, Southwest' winners consecutively in 2016 & 2017.
Quite Brazen also offers an acoustic duo or 4 piece 'live lounge' experience for smaller events or those requiring a more chilled out vibe.
Combining our lively sets with a pumping sound system and lighting to enhance the dancefloor and stage. You can be assured of an awesome evening of entertainment.
Acoustic Duo - from £250
Acoustic guitar & female vocals. Includes: 2 x 45 minute or 1 x 90 minutes.
Birthday drinks, cocktail bars, Wedding Breakfast/Drinks Reception/Laid back evening
4 Piece acoustic band (includes standard interval music) - vocals, cajon or sound pad drum, bass and acoustic guitar - from £650.
4 Piece full band (includes interval music and disco lighting) - female vocals, full drum kit, acoustic & electric guitar, keyboards and bass - from £800.
Includes Standard arrival & finish times (6.30pm-12am). 2 x 60 minute live sets.
Prices may vary based on time of year, package type and location.
Charlotte Wilson• Jan. 18, 2019
Kara & James Marshall• May 20, 2017
"Thank you so much guys!
You were all absolutely brilliant!
Kara & James"
John Thadwald• Sept. 22, 2018
"Hi Shelley, just a quick email to thank you and your colleagues for an amazing performance. Everyone really enjoyed it and most of all Amy and Kieran had a really memorable day and night.
Thank you for being part of that
Alex and Harvey• Sept. 30, 2017
"Hope you and the rest of the band are well.
Harvey and I would like to say a big thank you to Quite Brazen for putting on such a great show on our wedding day. It was a great playlist - everyone loved your songs and were very complimentary of Quite Brazen. At the end of the night, everyone just wanted to keep going & going! I am particularly grateful to you for finding Baywatch - I recall requesting it in a not so sober state and having such a fun time jumping up and down with my uni friends like we used to do 10 years ago!
Thank you so much again for everything - for all the organising beforehand and for such a superb performance on 30 September 2017. Please pass my thanks onto the band.
Wishing you all the best for the future,
Laura & Richard Clooke• April 2, 2016
"You guys were absolutely brilliant!!! Thanks so much for making our special day rock, I would recommend you to anyone looking for a band :)
Love Laura & Rich x"
Mike & Katie Nelson• May 28, 2016
"We just wanted to say thank you for performing at our wedding on 28th May 2016. We have had so many comments from friends and family about how much they enjoyed your set and what a fantastic voice Shelley had. You had everyone up dancing from the first song to the last and it really made the evening.
Mike & Katie"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Award winning wedding and function band providing high energy floor filling tunes for all occasions.
- What are the highlights of your career?Winning the wedding industry awards twice running. Sharing our clients special day. What a privilege.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?8 Years of amazing & verifiable feedback from previous clients. Dancefloor filling tunes. Playing songs in our own way. Vast repertoire of all types of music - spanning many genres. Being able to fit a large band in a small space! We can fit anywhere due to our high quality digital state of the art systems and in ear monitoring. This reduces sound checking and set up times.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We specialise in wedding entertainment but cover all types of event from birthdays to festivals.
- Who are your previous clients?Exeter Chiefs players Exeter Business Awards ICAEW - Institute of chartered accountants The Bell Inn, Malmesbury - Luxury accommodation/Entertainment for NYE Launceston Road Runners Club British Showjumping Plus hundreds of happy couples from 2010 to present day from Devon, Cornwall and Somerset.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept BACS payments
- How long do you play for?Typically the live band plays 2 x 1 hour LIVE sets We also provide Disco services between sets which (depending on the size of your venue) includes a starcloth DJ booth and full lighting with 3D laser and haze. The acoustic duo provides ceremony music if required and 2 x 45 minute sets of acoustic tunes for drinks receptions.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. All fully provided.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we do. We are insured up to £10 million and our equipment is PAT tested annually by a certified electronic engineer.
- How much space do you require?4x4msq is ideal for the full band - depth is most important to allow for the drum kit. We have squeezed in some tight spaces! Just let us know/take a pic and we can advise you.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We have a varied selection of songs in our repertoire to choose from and we are also happy to consider learning a specific song for your first dance together. We do have to take into consideration if the song is possible to do with our standard line up of vocals, guitar, bass and drums as well as the style of the song and if it suits us - eg we wont be doing operatic arias, death metal, piano concertos or songs that require 5 part male harmonies! We require a minimum of 12 weeks notice in order to provide the best quality version of the song for your day. If we are unable to perform your chosen song, we can provide this for you via MP3. If you have any concerns, do feel free to discuss this with us at the time of booking, we would happily offer advice if required
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?We take a break between our two 1 hour sets to refresh and rest. For weddings this is usually at the same time as evening food is served.
New for 2020 - The 90s experience - a journey from 1990 to 1999 or The Millennium set (hits from 2000-2010)
Our mixed & varied set covering all genres/decades and styles is below:
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson
Hard to handle - Otis Redding/Black Crowes
Le Freak - Chic
Get Lucky - Daft Punk/Pharrel*
Superstition - Stevie wonder
Scissor sisters - Take your mama*
New shoes - Paolo Nutini *
4 song medley - Michael Jackson
Fun Pop Songs
Hold My Hand - Jess Glynne
Hit Me Baby - Britney Spears
Rehab - Amy Winehouse *
Rolling in the deep - Adele *
Love Machine - Girls aloud*
Crazy - Gnarles Barclay*
Black Horse - KT Tunstall*
Suddenly I see - KT Tunstall*
Poker Face - Lady Gaga*
Anthems & Modern Rock
Country House - Blur*
Times Like These - Foo Fighters
Stereophonics - Dakota
Mr Brightside - The Killers*
All these things I have done – The Killers
Sex on fire - Kings of leon
Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis
500 Miles - Proclaimers
Bohemian like you - Dandy Warhols
Hand in my pocket - Alanis Morrisette*
You learn - Alanis Morrisette*
A little bit of Romance
Your song - Elton John/Ellie Goulding*
Kiss me - Sixpence none the richer*
I wont give up - Jason Mraz*
Yellow - Coldplay*
All of me - John Legend*
At last - Etta James*
Sweet child o mine - Guns N' Roses
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
20th Century Boy - T Rex
Teenage Kicks - Undertones*
Walk this way - Run DMC & Aerosmith
I love rock & roll - Joan Jett
Laid back Grooves
Put your records on - Corinne Baily Rae*
Jessie J - Pricetag*
Valerie - Zutons/Amy Winehouse*
Son of a preacherman - Dusty Springfield*
Royals - Lorde*
Merry Christmas everybody - Slade
Last Christmas - Wham
*Indicates that the song can be played acoustically
Do bear in mind that this list is not exhaustive. Our song list is always evolving and new songs are added on a regular basis.