Watch 80's tribute band 'PLANET 80s' and youre on a aural joyride through some of the best popular music ever made, and the vital foundations that much of todays amazing electronica is built upon too.
Taking their inspiration from the no1 selling album 'Ministry of Sound's electronic 80s', PLANET 80s presents some of the most influential songs of that now cherished era. All stand the test of time while still filling the dance floors.
Music is always shaped by the time and place its created. In Britain in the early 1980s cultural, political and technological factors all came together to produce an explosion of new sounds that have come to define the decade.
The music reasserted the dominance of the UK in charts and on dance floors around the world as groups of kids from Sheffield, Manchester, Liverpool and beyond took centre stage.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:a 3 piece tribute band to all the hits from the 1980s
- What are the highlights of your career?performing all around the world
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?we have been professional ( earning our living from music )since 1999 performing for large outdoor events to small clubs and pubs averaging 16 gigs a month
- What kind of events do you usually serve?all types
- Who are your previous clients?butlins, stonegate, silverstone, brans hatch, greene king, warner hotels
- How can event planners pay for your services?cash, bank transfer
• Poison Arrow, Abc
• Take On Me, Aha
• Girls On Film, Duran Duran
• True, Spandau Ballet
• Dont You Want Me, Human League
• Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Wham
• Hold Me Now, Thompson Twins
• Enola Gay, O M D
• Karma Camillion, Culture Club
• Relax, Frankie Goes To Hollywood
• Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick Astley
• Gold, Spandau Ballet
• Rio, Duran Duran
• Im Your Man, Wham
• Down Under, Men At Work
• Power Of Love, Heuy Lewis And The News
• Dancing In The Dark, Bruce Springsteen
• Rebel Yell, Billy Idol
• Just cant get enough, Depeche mode
• I ran, a flock of seagulls
• You spin me round, dead or alive
• Summer of 69, brian adams