Paul loves a good party! More than that, he loves putting a smile on you party guests faces! He plays games, tells stories, does magic tricks, tells jokes, and always gets guests stuck in!
If you were hoping for something a little more grown-up, Paul is also great for adult parties! He is quite the stand-up comic and will happily make fun of your good friend Barry if that's what you wish.
Paul will also make public appearances at your business or event!
Schools can also benefit from Paul! Give us a topic and we will write a routine that is both educational and amusing! He is also great for encouraging imagination and creativity!
Kim• July 4, 2016
It wasn't good at all the three people couldn't be heard the event wasn't aimed at the right age group as the first thing as go round the room and make up a story that started with a snowman and the first child aged about 4 said it melted and that threw the girl but she didn't change the story and it took for at least 20 minutes and was really painful. Then they played hide Nigel we were in a hall!!! So very little places to hide. Then they did musical statues which was a disaster as they were disorganised then they packed up and went they were even there for the full hour that I paid for, put it this way I won't use them again or recommend them
- Do you do open-air acts?We can perform open air acts, even in poor weather conditions. Paul is made from high quality materials that are easy to clean. The only reason we would refuse to perform is if there was a high risk of Paul being damaged or our performers being injured.
- How long is the act?The length of the act is dependant on you. We tend to perform for a minimum of an hour. Longer or more strenuous performances will require short breaks.
- What other services to you provide?We can provide graphic design and printing for your event, bake a cake, supply party bags filled with exclusive 'Paul from Space' goodies and even bring a present.
- How long do you need to set up?This depends on the performance. A basic performance with just Paul takes minutes to set up. We take Paul from his bag, use a hair-dryer to fluff him up a bit, brush his fur, straiten his clothes and then the performers can begin getting into character. It would be a surprise to us if that process took as long as ten minutes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Not currently. We have plans to acquire public liability insurance shortly.
- What experience do you have working with children?Paul's primary performer is an assistant teacher for a performing arts academy for 6-18 year olds, mostly working with 6-9 year olds. Paul's secondary performer is a trainee dance teacher, working with 6-18 year olds. Most of our non-performing personnel have a background in childcare. Of course, we also perform for a lot of children with Paul.
- Are you DBS checked?Our performers and any staff that attend events are DBS checked and have a history of working with children.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?Currently, no. We have worked with large, lively groups of children. As long as you can assure Paul isn't damaged by any child (we have encountered some rough treatment before), we don't mind how many children there are. Please note: Paul will not tell the children off. He is there to be their friend. If a child interacts with Paul aggressively, he will react negatively (sadness or pain) in an attempt to discourage this but we kindly ask that you step in if this persists. If the behaviour persists, we would temporarily stop the performance to prevent damage to Paul.
Paul is a puppet performed by two experienced performers.
He can perform comedy, sing (or possibly butcher) your favourite song and do a bit of magic.
Our limit tends to be dependent on the client's imagination.