Oxalis are an acoustic duo based in Bristol, but happy to travel further afield! Their repertoire is mostly a mixture of pop, rock, and soul, but they love to cover as many musical genres as they possibly can. They can tailor their sets to suit each event they do, whether you're after more easy listening romantic background music, or upbeat tunes to get people on the dance floor.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Soulful acoustic duo who can tailor their sets to match the mood you want to set at your event - as long as we have a power point for our PA, we can provide everything else and make the whole process from booking to performance as simple and easy for you as possible.
- What are the highlights of your career?We love singing at weddings - being part of a couples special day is always an honour! But as musicians we’ve been lucky enough to have had lots of amazing jobs. Including performing on stage with Take That and singing in the West End.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We enjoy the challenge of being given songs to learn that aren’t usually performed acoustically and finding a way to make it our own. So no style/genre is off limits for us!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?We do anything and everything really - weddings, festivals, corporate events, birthdays, christenings etc.
- How long do you play for?This varies depending on the event, but more often than not we do 2 x 45 minutes sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We do have our own PA, but not lighting at this point in time (it’s something we’re looking into getting for the future)
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to both
- How much space do you require?One of the advantages of hiring an acoustic duo is that we really don’t need that much space at all! We can squeeze into a corner with our 2 speakers very easily.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely! As long as we have your request at least a month before the event we’re happy to learn it.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Only one usually, and for around 10/15 minutes.
South west based acoustic duo (UK)