North Tyneside Steelband (NTSB), the North East of England’s top performing steelband and can supply bands for all occasions, from large corporate events and weddings to small private parties; no event is too big or too small. The size of the band can be varied to suit the venue and the client’s budget – from 5 musicians providing background music to a full blown performance featuring our entire band – a performance to ignite any event!
NTSB are not just know within the North East, we are a well-respected band both nationally and internationally; playing many high profile gigs and events. Such examples include 3 appearances at the International Steelband Festival (Cudrefin, Switzerland), 2 appearances at the Royal Albert Hall (London, UK) and The Wickerman Festival (Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland). As well as these appearances NTSB are currently booked to perform at the Rotterdam Carnival (Netherlands) In July 2019.
Weddings are a North Tyneside Steelband specialty and we perfor...
Farnsworth, Bloodstock Executive (Jedforest Olympic Ball• 19 Sep 2015
“Just a quick email to say an absolutely enormous thank you to your steel band for their performance on Saturday. They were simply amazing. They really did kick start a fantastic night.”
Elizabeth and Stephen• 8 Apr 2017
“Stephen and I would like to say a massive thank you to all at NT steel band, our guests absolutely loved you all! This was a surprise to all our guests and I was really surprised at the many guests who had never heard steel bands before and came to say that you were fantastic…I really appreciate all your help and effort to organise our wedding entertainment…The dance floor filled up as soon as the band started!!…Your band completely surpassed our expectations!”
Kieran Finney• 22 Jun 2019
“Thank you for playing such beautiful music at our wedding! You guys were awesome and it created such a lovely atmosphere! It was great to bring a little taste of home to the North East” Sarah and Patrick
Lee and Jen• 16 Mar 2019
“Just wanted to say thank you so much to all of you for making our day so special on Saturday. All the guests loved the steelband and the children and adults alike really enjoyed dancing to the fabulous music! Thanks again!”
Steve and Emma• 10 Sep 2016
“Well, what can I say? Your performance at our wedding was the highlight of the evening. From the great communication in arranging things to doing a fantastic job of filling the dance floor, you were great. Emma and I will always look back on the day and remember everybody’s smiling faces when the band started up. The Paulo Nutini number was a personal favourite. Thanks again. We listen to your CD all the time.”
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The North East's top performing Steelband
- What are the highlights of your career?Zomercarnaval Netherlands 2019, Biennial International Steelpan Conference 2018, 3 appearances at the International Steelband Festival (Cudrefin, Switzerland), 2 appearances at the Royal Albert Hall (London, UK) and The Wickerman Festival (Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland).
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?A great reputation for reliability and professionalism through 30 years in the industry
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings Corporate Events Parties Village Fayres Public Events Festivals No event is to big or to small
- Who are your previous clients?Intu Metrocentre and Eldon Square Wickerman Festival International Steelband Festival, Cudrefin (Switzerland) Rotterdam Carnival International Steelpan Conference
- How can event planners pay for your services?Card Cash Bank Transfer Cheque
- How long do you play for?sets of 30-45 minutes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No PA needed, lighting not supplied
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?No PAT testing needed PIL supplied
- How much space do you require?Varies depending on event, will advise on each event basis
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With enough given notice we will be able to learn it
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Dependent on each event
We play a variety of music from old classics and gentle background music to cover versions of contemporary hits, soca and jazz guaranteed to get your event jumping.