Nicola has spent more than 15 years playing, studying, writing and performing music. Performing across the UK and Europe with some outstanding original artists or as an artist in her own right showcasing her original music. She has also worked in various band set ups performing covers of 60’s soul right through to present day pop. A dynamic vocalist with a wealth of experience performing in diverse venues both small and large, including Shepherds Bush Empire, BBC Introducing, Glastonbury Festival and KOKO Camden to name but a few.
Nicola graduated with a Bachelor of Music degree in Popular Music Performance in London and has since returned to her native Yorkshire where she has settled with her family in York. Music is her passion and Nicola loves nothing more than sharing that enthusiasm live on stage, be it at a wedding, an intimate celebration or a just a great night out. Nicola currently performs solo as part of an Acoustic Duo. If you have any questions or an event in mind, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We will be happy to discuss your requirements and tailor a setlist to your personal tastes and preferences.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Experienced vocal/guitar duo ready to set the scene for a classy chilled affair or get people up dancing with hits from the 50’s to present day pop!
- What are the highlights of your career?The honour of being a part of such special occasions for people, weddings, birthdays and celebrations! Playing Glastonbury and playing across Europe.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Competitive rates with a huge range in genres that can be catered for. Rock, soul, jazz, pop, Motown.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthdays, special occasions, festivals, charity events, bars and pubs, luxury hotels both in the U.K. and abroad.
- Who are your previous clients?Couples, family’s, CAPE Centre London, Glastonbury, Shepherds Bush Empire, Koko Camden, Apple Retail, The GDM Island Hotel-Greece.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer or Cash
- How long do you play for?Up to 3x45 minute sets generally. If booked for a full wedding we can play up to 4 songs in the ceremony, 1hour Drinks reception and up to 2 x45 minute sets pre evening party for example. That being said we are very flexible and can work closely with our clients to meet their needs in the most appropriate way for the event they are planning.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA YES lighting, not currently
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Dependant in the song, we want to make sure it is appropriate for the event and we do it justice with our current set up. We have 100’s of songs in our repertoire and always happy to learn new material but we will always be honest as to whether we think ourselves playing a tune or s live recording will work best.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Dependant on what service/event you are booking us for. The longest we will play continually for is 1hour.