Nick is an experienced classical guitarist with a wide repertoire of classical pieces, jazz standards and fingerstyle arrangements of popular songs; perfect accompaniment for wedding receptions and other events requiring sophisticated and mellow background music.
- How long do you play for?Up to three 50 minute sets. These can be spaced throughout the day in accordance with the wishes of the client. If more is needed, an arrangement may be made, though some repetition of pieces would be likely.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have powerful amplifier which is suitable for most venues given the style of music. No lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance and safe, reliable equipment.
- How much space do you require?Room for person on a chair with an amplifier and music stand. Four sq. metres would be the minimum.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I will give it a go if sufficient notice is given.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If booked for three hours I would usually expect five or ten minutes within each hour. Though I can be flexible on the matter.
Many works and short pieces by classical composers such as Guilliani, Sor, Albeniz, Tarrega, Chopin and Bach, including the well-known "Cavatina"("Theme from the Deerhunter"), "Gymnopedies", "Asturias" and "Recuerdos de la Alhambra".
A broad repertoire of well loved jazz tunes arranged for nylon string guitar, covering romantic ballads, up-beat swingers and Brazillian songs. Favourites include "Girl From Ipanema", "Misty", "Take Five" and "Ain't Misbehavin'".
Instrumental versions of popular classics including "Don't Look Back in Anger", "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun".