The UK’s Number 1 provider of young musicians for functions and events. Launched in 2010, Music Students for Hire has provided live music for over 3,000 private and corporate events.
Our aim is to make live music more accessible to clients whilst supporting young, talented musicians at the early stages of their professional careers.
Our roster of over 1,200 musicians includes a combination of recent graduates and current undergraduates from some of the top music colleges and universities around the country. Our national pool of musicians include String Quartets, Jazz Musicians, Harpists, Pianists, Singers and much more.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:The UK’s Number 1 provider of young musicians for functions and events. Launched in 2010, Music Students for Hire has provided live music for over 3,000 private and corporate events.
- What are the highlights of your career?Providing a Dixieland quartet for a Ridley Scott film, or providing 30+ acts to play in and around the London 2012 Olympics!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We work with some of the best young talent in the UK. They are either currently studying, or have already graduated from the top conservatoires in the UK.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?The majority of our work is weddings and corporate events.
- Who are your previous clients?BP, Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Allianz, BP, Investec, Amnesty International
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer, credit / debit card, cheque
- How long do you play for?minimum booking length is one hour. Depending on the musician(s) booked, they normally require at least a 10 min break per hour of performance.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Our acts are entirely self sufficient bring everything they need to perform.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?If PLI / PAT is required by the venue then we can guarantee that the musicians booked on your event will have both.
- How much space do you require?Dependant on the type of musician(s) booked. We're happy to give advice.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We will endeavour to accommodate special requests.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?At least 10 mins per hour.
String Quartets, Jazz Musicians, Harpists, Pianists, Singers, party bands and much more.