Hi there, my name is Murphy and I'm a full time professional singer/acoustic guitarist.
I have a vast repertoire that stretches from 60's till today's charts and have been performing on a full-time, professional basis for the past 15 years since the age of 17.
I have a summer residency every year at Windsor Racecourse as well as being the resident musician for the Ministry of Defence at Victoria (Windsor Castle), Wellington (Buckingham Palace) & Aldershot Barracks.
I am a regular featured artist at both Westfield London & Westfield Stratford Shopping Centres. As well as performing at restaurants for the likes of Antony Worrall Thompson & Jamie Oliver, I have also played parties for Fearne Cotton & Jo Whiley.
In 2014 I was asked to play as the main act at the Tour de France for the after event entertainment in Yorkshire to 16,000 people and in 2015 was given an Endorsement by Cole Clark Guitars who are also represented by Snow Patrol, Jack Johnson & Ben Howard to name a few and was also asked to represent London Live Music in The Dot London Awards (headed by Sarah Willingham of Dragons Den).
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch by replying to this message or by using the contact details below.
I look forward to hearing from you either way.
Peter brand• Nov. 10, 2018
Murphy was superb, he entertains with personality and exudes presence, he manages to sense the atmosphere and plays accordingly. Excellent, I would have him back to entertain testy group anytime. I wish him all the best in the future. Thanks again.
Katy• Sept. 8, 2018
WE had an amazing day and Murphys set was the perfect end to our day, as the bride I literally didnt even notice him arrive and set up! But heard it was super quick and Murphy was happy to go where we wanted him. Everyone commented on how good he was and how much they enjoyed having him play. Would highly recommend murphy! Thanks again
Debbie Kennedy• Sept. 1, 2018
Murphy was excellent. He was very warm and friendly. He was also flexible as I had other entertainment that ran over time, he was not fazed . He happily adjusted his play time and was open to any requests. All my quests commented on how impressed they were with Murphy, as they left . I would definitely hire Murphy again and will definitely recommend him to all.
Hayley Grinter• Jan. 13, 2018
Can’t recommend Murphy enough, he was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Incredible voice and got us girls up dancing all night. He made the hen one very happy lady, highly recommend Murphy so much so, that then when I set my wedding date I want him to be our live entertainment 5* all round.
Steve hogan• Aug. 20, 2017
"Murphy was brilliant!! Not only did he get the party Started, he kept it buzzin ..
he was very professional throughout the process, from the first contact through the planning to set up on the night.. will use him for our next party"
Beth Kemsley• Nov. 18, 2016
Murphy was extremely professional and reliable; prompt arrival and set up all his gear without any fuss. His performance was amazing, everyone commented on how talented he was. His set was perfect with an excellent range of songs to suit all tastes. Highly recommend this guy!!!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Acoustic Guitarist/Singer playing covers from 60’s to Now
- What are the highlights of your career?Having unexpectedly sung with Stevie Wonder’s band.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?An extremely eclectic repertoire of songs that can cater for all ages.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Anything and everything from a pub to a stadium.
- Who are your previous clients?• Held a 5 year residency with Royal Windsor Racecourse up until 2017. • Resident musician for the Ministry of Defence at the Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle Barracks (Wellington & Victoria), as well as Aldershot & Warminster. • Was asked to headline the Tour de France concert in 2014 to 16,000 people.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or Bank Transfer on the day of the event is preferable. No cheques.
- How long do you play for?A typical gig is 2 hours with a 15 minute break. Murphy can play for as long as you like but the fee will obviously reflect the length of time he is required for (not necessarily singing).
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Murphy works with his own PA System and does not have lights.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. Always.
- How much space do you require?Preferably 15 square foot but can adapt.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it is possible for me to learn it, I will learn it. ie. don’t ask for Bohemian Rhapsody.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If the booking is for 2 hours, I play for an hour, take a 15 minute break and then play a second set of 45 minutes. If you require longer, each set will be 45 minutes followed by a 15 minute break every 45 minutes thereafter.
- Which areas will you travel to?Murphy performs all over the UK and beyond.
- I need music for longer than 2 hours. Can you provide this?Yes, Murphy can literally play for as long as you need. With a vast repertoire of over 2000+ songs, time isn't an issue.
- What kind of music do you play?A little bit of everything is the best answer. Murphy plays to the audience unless asked to play in a specific style. Country, Rock, Pop, Ballad etc. it's all covered.
- Can you play at my charity event?Although it is always best to contact Murphy direct to discuss this, the simple answer is that Murphy already supports several charities and does a lot of fundraising for charities that are close to his heart and therefore, free work cannot be accepted.
I know over 2000+ songs and am always adding more material on a weekly basis. If you need a specific song played for a wedding/party etc. that's not a problem so long as it can be done acoustically.
This really is just a sample of my covers, the list goes on and on.
Bill Withers - Ain't no sunshine
Bill Withers - Lovely Day
Cranberries - Zombie
Cranbverries - Linger
Lynard Skynnard - Sweet Home Alabama
Nizlopi - JCB Song
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
Neil Diamond - Red Red Wine
Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining
Stereophonics - Just Looking
Stereophonics - Dakota
Stereophonics - Mr. Writer
Stereophonics - Local Boy in the photograph
Michael Jackson - Man in the mirror
Coldplay - Yellow
Coldplay - The Scientist
Coldplay - Green Eyes
Coldplay - Fix you
Coldplay - God put a smile on my face
Oasis - Wonderwall
Oasis - Don't look back in anger
Oasis - Champagne Supanova
Oasis - Little by little
Oasis - Sunday Morning Call
Oasis - Songbird
Oasis - She's electric
Oasis - Slide Away
Oasis - Half the world away
Oasis - Talk tonight
George Harrison - Got my mind set on you
Elbow - One day like this
Snow Patrol - Run
Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
Snow Patrol - Chocolate
Snow Patrol - Open your eyes
Razorlight - America
Razorlight - Golden Touch
Embrace - Looking as you are
Embrace - Ashes
Embrace - Gravity
Radiohead - Creep
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
U2 - With or without you
U2 - One
U2 - Angel of Harlem
U2 - All I want is you
U2 - The Sweetest thing
Green Day - Good Riddance
Green Day - Boulevard of broken Dreams
Elton John - Crocodile Rock
The Monkees - Last train to clarksville
The Monkees - I'm a believer
The Monkees - Daydream Believer
The Proclaimers - 500 Miles
The Beatles - Saw her standing there
The Beatles - Get Back
The Beatles - Back in the USSR
The Beatles - I want to hold your hand
The Beatles - Come together
The Beatles - Ticket to ride
The Beatles - She loves you
The Hoosiers - Worried about ray
Rod Stewart/Cat Stevens - First Cut is the deepest
Rod Stewart - Handbags & Gladrags
Seth Lakeman - White Hare
Turin Brakes - Painkiller
Turin Brakes - Underdog
Tracey Chapman - Fast Car
Tracey Chapman - Revolution
Starsailor - Good souls
Starsailor - Alcoholic
Starsailor - Silence is easy
Robbie Williams - Let me entertain you
Robbie Williams - Angels
Paul Weller - Broken stones
Paul Weller - You do something to me
Paul Weller - Wild wood
The Jam - That's entertainment
Queen - Fat bottomed Girls
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
Pink Floyd - Another Brick in the wall
Ed Sheeran - A-team
4 non blondes - What's up
The Commodores - Easy
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
Kings of Leon - Sex on fire
Kings of Leon - Beautiful War
The Kooks - Naive
The Killers - Mr. Brightside
Steve Miller Band - The Joker
Ocean Colour Scene - The Day we caught the train
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Damien Rice - Cannonball
Damien Rice - Volcano
Damien Rice - Nine crimes
Damien Rice - Can't take my eyes off of you
Glen Hansard - Falling Slowly
Mumford & Sons - Little lion man
Travis - Flowers in the window
The Eagles - Hotel California
The Eagles - Take it easy
Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl
Van Morrison - Moondance
Van Morrison - Have I told you lately
Doobie Brothers - Listen to the music
Prince - Purple Rain
Nilson - Everybody's talkin'
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Zephyr song
David Gray - Babylon
D\avid Gray - Be mine
The Script - Man who can't be moved
Third eye blind - Semi charmed life
Adele - Hometown glory
Adele - Set fire to the rain
Credence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
Credence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
Elvis - Wonder of you
Elvis - Hound Dog
Elvis - Burning Love
Smokey Robinson - Tracks of my tears
Al Green - Let's stay together
Marvin Gaye - Heard it through the grapevine
Paul Simon - You can call me Al
Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
Bastille - Pompeii
Bastille - Rhythm of the night
Keane - Somewhere only we know
Emile Sande - Read all about it
The Verve - Drugs don't work
The Verve - Lucky Man
McFly - All about you
The Lumineers - Ho Hey
The Cure - Love cats
Small faces - Itchycoo Park
Bad Company - Feel like making love
Frank SInatra/Bobby Darin - That's life
Christie Moore - Black is the colour
Christie Moore - Ride on
Steve Earle - Galway Girl
Fleetwood Mac - Go your own way
Fleetwood Mac - Everywhere
Yazoo - Only you
Katy Perry - Roar
Lightning Bolt - Jake Bugg
Bob Marley - No woman no cry
Bob Marley - Waiting in vain
Daniel Merriweather - Red
R.E.M - Losing my religion
Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at tiffany's
James - Sit down
James - Laid
The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
Erasure/ Wheatus - A Little respect
Jason Mraz - I'm Yours
Jason Mraz - I won't give up
Jackie Wilson - Reet Petite
Avicii - Hey Brother
The Calling - Wherever you will go
Swedish House Mafia - Don't you worry child
Rozalla - Everybody's free
The 1975 - The City
Seal - Crazy
Temptations - My girl
Mike & The Mechanics - Living Years
John Newman - Love me again
Gabrielle - Dreams
Daft Punk - Get lucky
Deacon Blue - Dignity
Christina Peri - A Thousand Years
David Bowie - Let's Dance
INXS - Never tear us apart
Foo Fighters - My hero
Kodaline - High Hopes
Johnny Cash - Ring of fire
Del Shannon - My little runaway
The Zootons/Amy Winehouse - Valerie
Del Amitri - Nothing ever happens
The Feeling - Fill my little world
Soul Asylum - Runaway train
Jessie J - Price tag
George Michael - Careless whisper
The Hollies - He ain't heavy
Paolo Nutini - Last request
John Denver - Leaving on a Jet plane
John Denver - Country Roads
Passenger - Let her go
Ray Lamontagne - Trouble
Stevie Wonder - Lately
Ben Howard - Keep your head up
Dubliners - Tell me ma
Otis Reading - Sitting on the dock of the bay
Nancy Sinatra - These boots are made for walking
Ben E King - Stand by me
Bob Dylan - Knockin' on heavens door
Blink 182 - All the small things
Tom Baxter - Better
Nina Simone - Feeling good
Bon Jovi - Livin' on a prayer
Maroon 5 - She will be loved
Marron 5 - Sunday morning
Eric Clapton - Wonderful tonight
And many many more...........