Hi there, my name is Murphy and I'm a full time professional singer/acoustic guitarist.
I have a vast repertoire that stretches from 60's till today's charts and have been performing on a full-time, professional basis for the past 15 years since the age of 17.
I have a summer residency every year at Windsor Racecourse as well as being the resident musician for the Ministry of Defence at Victoria (Windsor Castle), Wellington (Buckingham Palace) & Aldershot Barracks.
I am a regular featured artist at both Westfield London & Westfield Stratford Shopping Centres. As well as performing at restaurants for the likes of Antony Worrall Thompson & Jamie Oliver, I have also played parties for Fearne Cotton & Jo Whiley.
In 2014 I was asked to play as the main act at the Tour de France for the after event entertainment in Yorkshire to 16,000 people and in 2015 was given an Endorsement by Cole Clark Guitars who are also represented by Snow Patrol, Jack Johnson & Ben Howard to name a few...
Hayley Grinter• 13 Jan 2018
Can’t recommend Murphy enough, he was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Incredible voice and got us girls up dancing all night. He made the hen one very happy lady, highly recommend Murphy so much so, that then when I set my wedding date I want him to be our live entertainment 5* all round.
Katy• 8 Sep 2018
WE had an amazing day and Murphys set was the perfect end to our day, as the bride I literally didnt even notice him arrive and set up! But heard it was super quick and Murphy was happy to go where we wanted him. Everyone commented on how good he was and how much they enjoyed having him play. Would highly recommend murphy! Thanks again
Steve hogan• 20 Aug 2017
"Murphy was brilliant!! Not only did he get the party Started, he kept it buzzin ..
he was very professional throughout the process, from the first contact through the planning to set up on the night.. will use him for our next party"
Debbie Kennedy• 1 Sep 2018
Murphy was excellent. He was very warm and friendly. He was also flexible as I had other entertainment that ran over time, he was not fazed . He happily adjusted his play time and was open to any requests. All my quests commented on how impressed they were with Murphy, as they left . I would definitely hire Murphy again and will definitely recommend him to all.
Carl Kirby turner• 13 Dec 2016
Murphy James was brilliant! He played almost non stop from the moment he arrived. He was prompt and set up very quickly and had really good PA which makes a big difference. Everyone enjoyed the choice of music he played and he took requests too. If you're looking for a rocking good time we'd definitely recommend Murphy he was really good.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Acoustic Guitarist/Singer playing covers from 60’s to Now
- What are the highlights of your career?Having unexpectedly sung with Stevie Wonder’s band.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?An extremely eclectic repertoire of songs that can cater for all ages.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Anything and everything from a pub to a stadium.
- Who are your previous clients?• Held a 5 year residency with Royal Windsor Racecourse up until 2017. • Resident musician for the Ministry of Defence at the Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle Barracks (Wellington & Victoria), as well as Aldershot & Warminster. • Was asked to headline the Tour de France concert in 2014 to 16,000 people.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash or Bank Transfer on the day of the event is preferable. No cheques.
- How long do you play for?A typical gig is 2 hours with a 15 minute break. Murphy can play for as long as you like but the fee will obviously reflect the length of time he is required for (not necessarily singing).
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Murphy works with his own PA System and does not have lights.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. Always.
- How much space do you require?Preferably 15 square foot but can adapt.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If it is possible for me to learn it, I will learn it. ie. don’t ask for Bohemian Rhapsody.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If the booking is for 2 hours, I play for an hour, take a 15 minute break and then play a second set of 45 minutes. If you require longer, each set will be 45 minutes followed by a 15 minute break every 45 minutes thereafter.
- Which areas will you travel to?Murphy performs all over the UK and beyond.
- I need music for longer than 2 hours. Can you provide this?Yes, Murphy can literally play for as long as you need. With a vast repertoire of over 2000+ songs, time isn't an issue.
- What kind of music do you play?A little bit of everything is the best answer. Murphy plays to the audience unless asked to play in a specific style. Country, Rock, Pop, Ballad etc. it's all covered.
- Can you play at my charity event?Although it is always best to contact Murphy direct to discuss this, the simple answer is that Murphy already supports several charities and does a lot of fundraising for charities that are close to his heart and therefore, free work cannot be accepted.
I know over 2000+ songs and am always adding more material on a weekly basis. If you need a specific song played for a wedding/party etc. that's not a problem so long as it can be done acoustically.