They are covers Jim, but not as we know them! Sex Pistols on a banjo? Radiohead as a waltz? A Bluegrass Stormzy?! Has the world gone mad...? Fear not dear reader it’s just the legendary Arkansaw Jukebox Collective - playing covers just like god intended... bluegrass style!
The moving feast of humanity that is the Arkansaws (girls, blokes, fiddles, banjos, trumpets - just play what y'brung!) deliver a show stopping performance with covers of very well-known numbers (cue the big sing-a-long!) but with a real twist as they unearth the hidden country heart in EVERY genre of music. Rock, pop, hip-hop, dance, rap – they all get the treatment!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Getting the party started
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Every event or festival needs a full on party vibe at some point - but sometimes you need to wrap it up in a cooler package than a dad band playing Oasis covers right? The Arkansaws exist to fill exactly that slot – lots of “party” but with enough “arty” to satisfy all comers. Think Hayseed Dixie fronted by The Dixie Chicks and you are getting close!
- How long do you play for?up to 90 mins
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Full technical production provided at cost - from small venue PA to full festival sound and lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?20ft by 12 ft
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?by negotiation
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?either 1 set up to an hour or 2 sets @ 45 mins each - break between min 15 mins
Set list varies but expect bluegrass versions of hits like
Creep - Radiohead
Blinded By Your Grace - Stormzy
Pretty Vacant - Sex Pistols
Sweet Child O'Mine - Guns n'Roses
Pompeii - Bastille