Multi instrumental folk duo from Bath.. Jiggidy plays innovative arrangements of traditional songs and tunes from the British Isles, as well as original compositions which reflect both their interest in folk tales from around the world and their observations of everyday life. They draw on their experience of classical and popular music to create driving instrumentals and poignant ballads to keep their audiences entertained. Popular act on the local folk scene in and around Bath and recently appeared in Music festivals in Keynsham, Bath, Bognor Regis and Bradford-Upon Avon. Soundcloud link takes you to our more lively set but other Jiggidy playlists on Souncloud will take you to a broader range of material. Whatever style you choose, audience involvement is actively encouraged.
- Are you prepared to take a reduced fee for charitable events?Yes we love to support charities and will negotiate a lower fee. We normally ask to be fed and watered in return for taking a reduced fee.
- Are you available for private parties?Yes for the rates described
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Normally just the one break of 15 minutes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Possibly, and definitely if given advance warning
- How much space do you require?See photo. Enough for a keyboard, fx unit a vertical PA system and 2 mics. We fit int most pub corners!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes own PA but no lighting
- How long do you play for?2 hours or just over
- How can event planners pay for your services?Cash only
- Who are your previous clients?Festivals: Keynsham Music Festival, Southdowns FOlk Festival, Bradford Roots Pubs/Clubs: Bath Brewhouse, BoatHouse (Bradford), Catherine Wheel (Marshfield), THe Ram (Widcombe), Cross Keys (Bath), Flemish Weaver (Corsham), Bath Acoustic Club and Village Pump (TRowbridge) plus sundry others!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Folk music festivals, folk and acoustic clubs and pubs
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Use of FX unit can transform the midi sounds generated from the keyboard. Backing drum beats for certain songs. Focus on the audience needs rather than sticking to our own agenda.
- What are the highlights of your career?Appearing at the Southdowns Music Festival in 2018.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Folk songs and tunes in a popular and accessible style.
Folk music from the British Isles, popular soft rock/pop ballads and own compositions. Many lively Irish songs and tunes on the set list perfect for a St Patrick's Night celebration.