Waxies Dargle were formed in 2011, they are a collection of six great musicians with a passion for music and in particular Irish music focusing mostly on The Pogues.
The line up uses authentic instrumentation ie Banjo, whistle, accordion, flute etc played with enthusiasm and fun.
The band have been going from strength to strength over the years and have had a few different members but always kept the same going for it/good time attitude.
Waxies are great for beer festivals and parties, especially Christmas where they often make it snow during their rendition of Fairytale of New York.
A band of six members who never fail to entertain you with their upbeat, fun, get you dancing style of music.
Being invited over to Ireland recently to entertain the locals at a wedding, shows how well their passion for the music has been accepted.
Based it the Suffolk area but prepared to travel.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing an Irish wedding in Donegal.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one break of about half hour in the middle
- How long do you play for?2 x one hour sets is our usual playing time
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?A small lighting rig, our own PA which is compact but good enough for pubs and similar sized venues and two snow machines to make it Christmas all year round so we can always play "Fairytale of New York"
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties, beer festivals, pubs and clubs
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?No one plays the Pogues like us
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Pogues covers and Irish traditional folk played with fun and passion
Classic Pogues covers and tradition Irish folk