1920s vintage jazz band. The Moochers jazz band adds a touch of old-world glamour to your party, combining irresistible dance rhythms with the sophisticated tunes of Cole Porter, Irving Berlin and many others! Our influences include Duke Ellington, Django Reinhardt and the jazz orchestras of the roaring twenties. Previous clients include:
The Mansion, London
The Prince of Wales, Brixton
British Army (Aldershot Barracks)
Bleak House, Broadstairs
M Golesworthy• May 30, 2015
5/5. Very friendly 4-piece who really fitted in well with our venue and the whole theme of the 90th birthday celebrations. I have had good feedback from many of those who attended including a family member who is himself a musician. Thanks!
S Arovaara• Jan. 26, 2018
Great band. Arrived on time and delivered what they had promised. I had a lovely party with great music. Thank you very much!
Wowcher, The Escapologist• Dec. 21, 2017
The band had a great set of 1920s themed songs and were also dressed to theme which worked perfectly for our party. Everyone especially loved the saxophonist. Thank you!
J. Northedge• Sept. 26, 2015
We were delighted with The Moochers' performance, thank you. Prior to the event the organisation had been excellent and we were very happy with the standard of the performance. W were very happy and would certainly recommend them to other people.
Chris• Nov. 28, 2015
Thanks very much to The Moochers for performing at our Charity Ball, the live music fitted the theme very well during entrance drinks/dinner and everyone seemed to enjoy the set. Good musicians, nice people and solid set.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:1920s vintage jazz band including female vocals.
- What are the highlights of your career?We've played at many wonderful venues, including: The Prince of Wales, Brixton Middle Temple Hedsor House, Bucks. British Army (Aldershot Barracks) Leaf, Liverpool Dunston Hall, Norwich
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Flexibility in line-up, excellent communication and open to requests.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?1920s-themed parties, corporate events, balls and weddings.
- Who are your previous clients?The Prince of Wales, Brixton Middle Temple Cafe Mila, Godalming The White Horse, Dorking Hedsor House, Bucks. British Army (Aldershot Barracks) Abingdon Football Club Fonthill Care, Bucks Leaf, Liverpool
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer in advance.
- How long do you play for?2x45 2x60 3x45 or by request.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes.
- How much space do you require?10x10ft
A sample setlist might include:
She's funny that way
Is you or is you ain't ma baby
A smile will go a long, long way
Then I'll be happy
I wonder where my baby is tonight
Puttin on the ritz
Tea for two
Way down yonder in New Orleans
You do something to me
Chicago, that toddlin' town
Everybody loves my baby
Royal garden blues
Somebody stole my gal
Five foot two
I wanna be like you
Lady be good
The jazz-me blues
That certain party
King Porter Stomp
Side by side
Sweet Georgia brown
Yes sir that's my baby
Ain't she sweet
All that jazz