Monique Alexis is a singer-songwriter from Sheffield, England with a Bachelors degree in Popular Music. She specialises in R&B, Soul, Gospel and Pop music with an assertive, calm stage presence – Monique Alexis is a soprano with a powerful, soulful voice but also utilises her lower range and can belt up to a C5. She has performed at various events such as weddings, funerals, parties, anniversaries, university performances and open mic nights. Available for weddings, parties and other events – set lists are open for discussion at the client’s request and she often performs acappella or with backing tracks, although if an accompanying musician is strongly required, one may be available upon discussion or if a musician is provided by the client, that is also welcomed. Preferably a PA system would be available, however one can be provided if not.
Jayne Sims - Finningley Women's Institute• 24 Jul 2018
"Monique kept in touch regularly before the event which was very reassuring. She arrived ahead of her time, set up her equipment and then happily waited until we had completed the items on our agenda.
Monique had learned some new songs as requested by our members and she was amazing - we were blown away, not only by her voice, but by her confidence and poise. I received so many compliments and positive comments after her performance, I was so proud and would recommend Monique without hesitati...
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Monique Alexis provides her services to a range of occasions such as: Weddings, Funerals, Parties, Christenings, Functions and many other events.
- Who are your previous clients?The University of Huddersfield.
- How long do you play for?Ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours. This depends on the client's needs.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I do have my own PA system which I can use for events along with backing tracks.
- How much space do you require?Enough space for a microphone, speakers and a mic stand. Setup is dependent on whether a PA system is provided or if the supplier has to bring their own.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely. I always aim to meet the needs of my clients and learn new songs as I am a versatile artist.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Dependent upon the set length. For example, in a 2-hour set, I require a 15-minute break.
Monique Alexis provides her services to a range of occasions such as:
And many other events
Choose from a range of genres: