Based in Woodhall Spa Lincolnshire, Sarah-Jane is willing to travel to just about anywhere in order to bring to you the sounds of the 1940s, setting the perfect tone to any event.
The act is very versatile and will "electrify the crowd with a classic style using her voice of pure sunshine".
A 1940's singer can be applied to a whole host of events:
Community functions, Birthday party's, Christmas functions, New Years eve events, Battle of Britain Balls, Vintage Tea Parties, Vintage Fairs, Miltary Re-enctment and militaria events etc.
tracey wood bricknell• 1 Dec 2018
sarah was lovely. great singer .fab hit with everyone .they loved her .
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A vintage vocalist that performs the numbers from the golden years, with classics from Vera Lynn, Ella Fitzgerald & Doris Day. As a solo vocalist I am able to perform at short notice and have minimal equipment so can fit in most locations and require only one plug socket. All my equipment is PAT tested and covered by public liability insurance.
- What are the highlights of your career?Performing for the Bomber Command Memorial Ball with guest speakers John Sergeant & Dambusters Veteran Johnny Johnson
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Vintage tea parties and festivals, weddings, dining in nights, Battle of Britain events, military events, 1940s events, birthday parties & I can even perform funerals!
- How long do you play for?Sets can vary from a 30 minute performance to 3hrs. If sets are required throughout the day, then a series of 20/30 minute sets could be performed throughout the duration and 40s music played during intervals for a full day of vintage music.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I come with all my own PA of which is fully PAT tested, now and again a sound engineer will accompany me if the event requires it.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have public liability insurance up to one million with music guard cover and all my equipment is current PAT tested
- How much space do you require?I require a minimum of 10' X 5' with access to a single power socket, often the corner of a room will suffice with ceiling height for speaks on stands. If outdoors, then cover needs to be provided.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?For a few of £10 I will happily perform a requested track if a suitable accompaniment can be found, fee covers the purchase of the accompaniment track and the time spent to rehearse the piece.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If sets are 30 minutes in length then a 15 minute interval is taken, if they're 45/60 minute sets then a 30 minute interval is taken.
The price quoted will include:
Full PA sound kit
Public liability insurance
PAT tested equipment
Fuel & expenses
My sets include music from the 1920's to 1940s with many ...