We are Mirage and we are a 6 piece funk, soul and disco band based in the Southampton area. We are a lively party band perfect for weddings, Corporate, functions, bars and Masonic gigs etc. We always fill the dance floor with our sophisticated set list full of great classics and performed by a very talent line up of musicians.
Each member of the band has many years live gigging experience so you can be sure that you will always get a quality performance. In fact, the band members have worked at a professional level and performed at some legendary and well renowned venues. Ali and Claire provide the sublime vocals whilst Steve, Robin Chris and Garry provide the backing.
Mirage is the perfect evening's entertainment for weddings, parties and functions. We also perform regularly at a number of annual music festivals. Our main goal is to get people up on the floor and dancing so be prepared to have a great time!
As well as being a funk, soul and disco band playing classic tracks from the past 40 years we can also offer a night of pure 70s. We capture the spirit of that amazing decade playing classic tracks from legendary artists such Stevie Wonder, Chic, Abba, Earth, Wind & Fire and Rose Royce to name just a few. So ladies, throw down those handbags (well you've got to have something to dance round) and fellas strut your stuff. This is absolutely perfect for corporate and themed events. We also offer a great 90's section which is perfect for those throw back party gigs you cannot beat them!
We supply music between sets.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are a top funk, soul and disco party, wedding, function band. Bringing top musicians a sophisticated set list and a superb atmosphere to any venue or event.
- What are the highlights of your career?Playing in great venues, with super audiences and playing live!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We are all very experienced in our field and have extensive gigging experience. With our vocalist previously being signed to London management.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate, functions, bars and restaurants.
- Who are your previous clients?Concorde Club, Gentings Casino, Oxfords, Marriot hotels, Steeple Court Manor, New Place Manor, The White Hart, Romsey and many more.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Credit Card, Paypal,
- How long do you play for?To be discussed with the client.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes full PA and Full Lighting
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How much space do you require?Not huge space but we are a six piece although have played in very tight spaces.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Given notice we can learn a song for the event
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?10 mins x 1
Ain't nobody - Chaka Khan
Ain't no stopping us now - McFadden & Whitehead
All night long - Mary J Blige
Always there - Incognito
American boy - Estelle
Bad girls - Donna Summer
Cosmic girl - Jamiroquai
Forget me nots - Patrice Rushen
Free - Ultra Nate
Get lucky - Daft Punk
Good times - Chic
Happy - Pharrel Williams
I'm every woman - Chaka Khan
I wish - Stevie Wonder
Keep on moving - Soul II Soul
Lady Marmalade - Patti Labelle
Le freak - Chic
Lost in music - Sister Sledge
Moondance - Van Morrison
Move on up - Curtis Mayfield
Moves like Jagger - Maroon 5
Moving too fast - Artful Dodger
Never too much - Luther Vandross
Night to remember - Shalamar
Rather be - Jess Glynne
Rhythm is a dancer - Snap
Rock with you - Michael Jackson
September - Earth, Wind & Fire
Shake your body down - Jackson 5
Sing it back - Moloko
Spacer - Sheila & B Devotion
Sway - Melinda Doolittle
Teardrops - Womack & Womack
Thinking of you - Sister Sledge
This girl - Cooking on 3 Burners
Uptown funk - Bruno Mars
Valerie - Amy Winehouse
We are family - Sister Sledge
Wishing on a star - Rose Royce
You might need somebody - Randy Crawford