He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him. (Psalm 40:3)
From an early age, Micaelia set out to become a professional artist.
Natural ability will only take a talented artist so far, but a strong will, determination and faith in Christ has pushed this artist forward to become one of the most talented gifted artists you will ever experience and her strong faith continues to this day to drive her development and success!
Micaelia Baptiste is one of the UK's most professional and versatile artistes. Micaelia was awarded The Cameron Mackintosh Scholarship in 2000 out of thirty prospective hopefuls accepted to Britain's top drama schools. After graduating from Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts with a BA (HONS) in Performance, Micaelia landed her first professional role in the Award winning original West End / cast of Ragtime at the Piccadilly Theatre London following thereafter a body of work in Film - Theatre- Television. Micaelia was also fortunate to feature in a National advertisement for KFC's controversial 'Mouthful' television commercial, which earned a place in the Guinness book of records. Micaelia has worked as a sought after professional session singer in various styles for various professional artists and bands for companies like EMI & Sony Records. Micaelia is fortunate to be blessed with her own live Gospel band and Gospel choir filled with experienced and professional artists putting together the very best at every performance.
Some previous employees include...
Sonia Friedman Productions, EMI Records, SClub 7, Channel 4, BBC, Bill Ken right Productions, Various performances @ the Dorchester Hotel London.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the LORD and put their trust in him. (Psalm 40:3)
- What are the highlights of your career?West End Gospel choir, EMI Records, Sony session singer, Callabro, West End Musicals, Sclub 7, Live performances @ West End Live, Dorchester Hotel and much more...
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Private. Concerts, Festivals Corperate, Weddings & Funerals. Exclusive Events &
- Who are your previous clients?Some past clients include: Sonia Friedman Productions EMI Record Company Westend Gospel Choir Bill kenright Productions Channel 4 BBC SCLUB 7 KFC
- How long do you play for?1 - 2 45min sets
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?yes
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?yes
- How much space do you require?Dependant on what is required.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?yes
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?15min - 30min dependant on time required.
1-2 45 min sets.
Vocals are supported with full band/ Gospel Choir/ B.Tracks /Piano/Guitar/Tribute Acts & Custom Events and Performances (Motown & Soul) with or without Disco.
Tribute sets available.
A night of Gospel
A night of soul
(Please note that lyrics & style may amend to support artists faith based performances. Thank you.)