So. You’re looking to create something memorable? Unique? Jaw dropping? You want people to be amazed, to see something they’ve never seen before?
You have come to the right place.
Whether it’s an event you are planning, a marketing campaign or publicity stunt, Mermaid Cove will enthral and astound your audience.
Mermaid Cove is Europe’s only pod of performing mermaids and mermen to feature a swim tank. Creating a visually spectacular show that combines contemporary dance, acrobatics, circus arts and interactive theatre. Our shows focus around our gigantic portable aquarium, at over 10,000 litres it is one of the biggest in the world. Our performances are built entirely around your needs, that could be a show-stopping main act or an installation that runs throughout the duration of your event.
We also like to be ambitious, so our shows for public events are all narrative driven and form chapters of an huge story arc. All of our performers are characters with complex intertwining back-stories that will delight even the most sceptical amongst our audiences.
And it’s not just children that enjoy our performances! We get fantastic reactions from people of all ages and from all backgrounds, Mermaid Cove has something that anyone can enjoy. Don’t think that you are getting away unscathed either, we love audience interaction and will often include (willing!) participants in jumps, stunts, fight sequences and dances. We also encourage everyone to engage with us using social media so if you’d like to get more followers and interaction we will work with you before, during and after the event on a variety of competitions, selfie stations and live streamed videos. Would you like personalised content to entice people to your event? No problem - we have an in-house content team that can make photos, videos and posters about our appearance at your event.
3 Wishes Fairy Festival• June 17, 2018
"Wow! Really really fantastic experience! My daughter's were truly entranced by the show. So magical and interactive it was amazing. I love that the mermaids and mermen put so much effort into engaging with the children before and after the shows. They really do make it so magical in the way they talk with children. Thank you so much for such an amazing experience, memories of which I'm sure will last a lifetime
3 Wishes Fairy Festival• June 16, 2018
"I am literally still floating from this wonderful, magical, memorable experience. It was like a dream come true, so clever and creative and enchanting I genuinely could not believe my eyes! We saw the Mermaid cove at the 3 wishes festival and it was the highlight for sure. I don't know what was better, seeing 'real life' mermaids for myself - or seeing the utter joy and disbelief on the children's faces when the mermaids were revealed...!! It brought a tear to my eye (and many of theirs!) The world needs more magic in it and this is exactly that - magic and enchantment and fantasy to stir even the most sceptical soul!! Thank you so much, I cant wait for the next appearance...!!xx
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, Mermaid Cove caters for both inside and outside events
- How long is the act?What do you need? Our shows typically range from 15-45 minutes depending on client needs and feature either 3 or 5 performers, we can also include mermaid meet & greets and photo opportunities before and after shows for a total combined time of up to 90 minutes.
- What other services to you provide?Full stand-alone events - (full theatre productions, meet and greets, photo opportunity, crowd management) Event marketing services - (event marketing collateral, social media marketing, content creation, full event campaigns) Event competitions - (social media based competitions, winner becomes guest mermaid) Tank rental - (For dive events, however we do not allow tank rental for other mermaid performers) Entertainment Consultancy - (Sourcing other entertainers / artists for larger events)
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance?Yes, each of our performers has PLI.
- What age range do you work with?All age ranges! Both adults and kids alike love our shows!
- What venues can you work in?Any and all venues! Our only stipulation is that you can fit our tank into the building (3m x 1.8m x 1.8m), it moves on large wheels and can be manoeuvred by 2/3 people, so long as there aren't any stairs we should be fine!
- Can you work outdoors?Absolutely! We have a 4m x 3m marquee that is set up over our tank to conceal all of our sound and lighting.
- Is the show safe?Depends what you mean by safe! Our shows feature feats of acrobatics and fire, with some audience participation! All of our performers are highly trained professionals and have worked for many years in the industry.
- Any special requirements for the show?* Tank will be delivered on site 48 hours before show starts to give time to fill & heat the tank * Water source needs to be provided to the location of the tank (filling the tank will cost the venue £30-£40 based on water local tariff)