Matthew is available to hire as a solo musician and also as part a jazz ensemble (from duo to quartet). He plays saxophone as well as flute. His solo jazz music can be tailored for wedding ceremonies and receptions as well as wedding breakfasts, hotel & restaurant functions, parties and other functions. A high quality PA system is provided for his backing music and amplification.
Matthew is a well rounded musician with experience playing genres of music ranging from ska to pop but always with a disciplined yet expressive sensibility gained from his studies in jazz. A versatile performer and skilled improviser, Matthew's performances creatively communicate his musical personality while maintaining respect for the original artist. His improvisations are sophisticated yet unfussy. Equally at home playing to a late night crowd of revellers in a night club as he is at a black-tie reception, Matthew's insistence on maintaining professional standards in any situation make him an asset to those enlisting his services.
So... whether you are looking for a solo performance to give your birthday party a unique edge, a party band for your corporate event or a cool jazz quartet for your wedding reception, Matthew will listen to your needs and help to make it happen!
- How long do you play for?Up to 3x 50 minutes.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA system provided
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Up to three requested tunes at no extra cost, provided appropriate backing music can be sourced and sufficient advance notice given.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Typically 10 minutes for every 50 minutes performance time.
Typical sets consist of jazz and latin-jazz standards. This can be mixed in with soul and pop if requested.