A classic jazz voice, reminiscent of the greats, Lydia Bell is a unique breath of fresh air amongst the young voices of today. She has been directly compared to Anita O'Day and certainly demonstrates a rich and mature quality in her performances. Fresh onto the London scene, Lydia honed her considerable musical talents at the prestigious Guildhall School of Music and Drama, where she has just gained a Masters in Jazz singing.
She brings class and elegance to her performances, and perfectly suits a range of genres from vintage, to crooner, to modern jazz, to wedding or soul singer. Her strength of tone and projection is equally impressive as her control and delicacy.
Lynda Trent• 8 Sep 2018
Lydia was the perfect addition to our event, she provided the vintage atmosphere that we wanted and sounded sublime. She looked and acted professionally and we couldn't be happier with her performance.
Would HIGHLY recommend.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I will take a 10 minute break once every 45 minutes or a 15 minute break every hour (during performances)
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?With suitable notice and discussion, most requests can be accommodated.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?YES. I have PLI up to £1 million and all PAT tested equipment.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. I am fully self-contained and provide all equipment needed.
- Who are your previous clients?Twinwood festival, Quaglino's Mayfair, private clients
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, vintage festivals/events, parties, corporate events, hotels and restaurants
- How long do you play for?I can play anything from 1x30 min sets to 3x45 minute sets (can also be split into 1 hour sets)
The Great American Songbook (most songs)
Real Book Jazz Standards, Rat Pack and swing standards:
Some favourites include:
I’ve Got You Under My Skin
Fly Me To The Moon
Ain’t That a Kick in the Head