Price from: £350
Prices start from £350 depending on mileage and time - discount for using both cars
Wedding car hire service based in Shrewsbury. We also provide hire of classic cars for classy occasions, Proms, birthdays, anniversaries and all other special days.
- Do you charge per hour or per event?Car are charged per wedding or event
- Is there a minimum rental time?No minimum rental time
- Is the car chauffeur driven?Your car is chauffer driven normally by the owner.
- What is included in the wedding package?From the moment you pick up the ‘phone to make an initial inquiry you are in safe hands, knowing that your particular concerns will be addressed. If there are extras that you would appreciate – such as Champagne, snacks etc just let us know. We always provide ribbon and umbrellas.
- About the fleet?Longden Carriages is a company based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire and is an offshoot of a well-established Wedding Car Company that operated in the leafy surrounds of Rutland Water from 2002. Specialising in Vintage SS and early Jaguars and supplying around 140 motors per annum for Weddings and Special Occasions, this company has been well-versed in offering high-quality, old-fashioned courtesy and care to brides, grooms and their families, always delivered with attention to detail: no stone is left unturned in preparing for the transportation of clients. Although the company is now a smaller concern and focussing upon our flagship carriage – the 1949 3 ½ litre Jaguar MkV – we believe that customers will be delighted with its opulence and grace and its acres of walnut and leather which characterise a bygone era of style and distinction. This car was imported to Britain in 2006 after beginning its life in Australia. It was restored in the 1990’s and has been in our hands and maintained to a very high standard ever since. Its livery in cream gives classic appeal which will attract not only brides and grooms but also those wanting to celebrate a Special Day in other ways – Wedding Anniversaries, Proms and evenings out for that classy meal in town. Whatever the occasion we will deliver.
- Type of vehicles?1949 Jaguar 3 ½ litre MkV Saloon in cream livery, red interior. This motor was imported from Australia in 2006 and has been with the company ever since. Restored in the 1990’s, it has been maintained since then to a very high standard. Jaguar 1949 2½ litre MkV. Exported to Pennsylvania in 1956 where it remained until 1991. The car was brought back to England and restored by 1995. It has done in the region of 500 weddings over the past 15 years, including celebrities such as Shaznay Lewis of the All Saints Band, one of the Eastenders cast and in 2010 the wedding of Jessica Ennis-Hill, heptathlete champion and ambassador for the 2012 Olympic games
Wedding Car Hire
Anniversary car hire
Vintage car hire