Larks Vintage Duo
Introducing Larks vintago duo..............
They specialise in all things vintage! From wartime to the swinging 40s to the memorable 60s, Larks will cater to all of your events, whether it be your first dance at your wedding or a vintage surprise party.
With years of experience in both the music and theatre industries, Larks can tailor their sets to work with your requirements and wow your guests. Their vast theatre experience, including work in London's West end, means they provide thoroughly professional entertainment.
Larks repertoire covers everything from the early 1900s right through to the 60s. (Though they can take any requests of any genre) Their extensive experience in the theatre world also means they can perform any Musical Theatre requests and can also perform Disney classics at your children's parties.
Stephanie and Helen are friendly and approachable and as qualified teachers, have extensive experience working with people of all ages.
They regularly perform at events around the country including vintage events, veteran weekends, charity events and private functions. They also provide entertainment at numerous residential homes.
Their extensive knowledge in dance means they can also provide appropriate entertainment at tea dances and lindy hop events. Stephanie also offers Charleston and Jive tuition at your vintage parties, which you can then put into practice with their swinging music.
Larks have a fabulous Christmas swing set which can cater for all of your festive events.
They can also provide full costume, PA equipment and public liability insurance.
Andrew Bennett• Aug. 4, 2018
Saw Larks at WithFest. They filled the tent and the crowd were up and dancing to all the swing stuff. Great singers too.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Parties, wedding, funerals, private functions, charity events, festivals, vintage events, wartime events, Christmas events
- Who are your previous clients?Hull City Council, Beverley Vintage Fair, Burton Agnes, Cleethorpes Veterans Weekend, Hull Veterans Weekend, East riding of Yorkshire council, Hedon Town Council, Hull Beer festival, Sunningdale Residential Home, Allandale Residential Home, Skirlington Market, Withernsea Sands Holiday Park, Hull Minster, Beverley Minster.
- How long do you play for?Sets can last anywhere from 30 mins to 2 hours or can be split through the day.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Full containable PA system
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Full public liability insurance Full DBS checks and child protection certifications Equipment is PAT tested
- How much space do you require?We can adapt to any space
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We can take requests from any genre
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Breaks are taken between sets when required
Example set list for a vintage event
Boogie woogie bugle boy
In the mood
Let there be love
Perhaps perhaps perhaps
All about that bass
Hit the road Jack
Don't sit under the apple tree
Zing went the strings of my heart
It had to be you
Ain't that a kick in the head
Walking after midnight
Mack the knife
Jump the broomstick
Jump Jive and wail
I wanna be like you
Down with love
It's almost like being in love
The lady is a tramp
Larks also cover contemporary songs into swing and charleston styles - Call me maybe, Ex's and Oh's, All of me, Oops I did it again, Bad romance, All about that bass
This means you can take one of your favourite modern songs, but tailor it to your favourite style!