WHO ARE WE?
Kent Kids Parties is a popular children’s party entertainment and specialist kids disco business based near Maidstone, Kent. We’re highly recommended by schools and loved by website NetMums. Kent Kids Parties are fully registered and insured.
WHAT DO WE DO?
A Kent Kids Parties entertainer can come to your event and do one of their fantastic magical party shows or cool kids discos. Birthdays, Schools, Nurseries, Baby Celebrations, Christenings, Christmas Parties, etc ..
WHAT AREAS WE TRAVEL TO?
We’re based near Maidstone, Kent and we travel to venues all over Kent for the same fixed fee. Here are just a few places we entertain children regularly:- Ashford, Bexley, Bexleyheath, Bromley, Canterbury, Chatham, Cranbrook, Dartford, Dymchurch, Dover, Faversham, Folkestone, Gillingham, Gravesend, Herne Bay, Maidstone, Margate, New Romney, Orpington, Rochester, Sandwich, Sevenoaks, Sheerness, Sittingbourne, Swanley, Tenterden, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, West Malling and...
Wendy Pryor - Youth Leader• 9 Jan 2017
I run our groups for our local church St Mary's Willesborough Ashford Kent and asked James to do our Christmas party for us, James was brilliant he kept the Children entertained the whole time. They have asked me if James will come again next time. Also the parents who came were very impressed and said James was they best they had seen. I know that a few asked him for his card and others have come to me for his details . So if your planning a party for your children there is only one entertainer...
Jo• 20 Jan 2017
We booked a cool kids disco with James for our son's 5th birthday party and it was fantastic. The communication beforehand was excellent. On the day James had all the children involved and the variety of music, magic, competitions and dancing kept them all engaged. He kept the focus on the birthday boy throughout, but made sure everyone won a prize. The kids all loved it and their parents were able to enjoy watching the kids dancing, but relax with a coffee. This was the least stressful party I ...
Amy Vine• 18 Feb 2017
"James is an absolutely fantastic entertainer. His efficiency from first contact and the booking process, through to his professionalism on the party day itself made the whole experience a pleasure and I would highly, highly recommend him. He took all the stress out of the party for us.
On the day of the party, he had a group of 24 children ranging from 2 to 10 years old and he had every single one of them engaged for the whole 2 hours. He has a natural knack of entertaining for all ages and ...
Joanne Chambers• 5 Mar 2017
"Definitely streets ahead of the competition: young, vibrant, with a show that's fresh and modern. James is able to create an instant rapport with children and has great empathy with them. He makes the birthday child feel really special, but manages to make all the children feel included and valued, even those who were anxious or shy. It was wonderful to be able to relax and watch the children enjoy themselves. The pace was perfect, the children were engaged from start to finish. I particularly ...
Sarah• 22 Jul 2017
Wow wow wow! We booked James on the reviews from this site alone and he did not disappoint! James was great at communicating, I was able to pay easily in advance, he arrived 45 minutes early and was very friendly with no fuss setting up. Our little boy had 22 friends at his party (mainly 4 and 5 year olds) and practically everyone commented how smoothly it all went, the party was fun, entertaining, James engaged all of them for the entire party (that is so tricky at that age) and every single ch...
- What experience do you have working with children?20 years working as an entertainer. But don't just take my word for it. Take a look at what they have been saying on Netmums. “I booked James for my daughters 5th birthday and was totally amazed at the quality of service he provided from start to finish. He had all the kids (and parents!) entertained throughout the party and made sure that every child was included (all 26 of them). We chose the combination party and it was the perfect mix of games and dancing. My daughter absolutely loved it and so did all of her friends. I’ve had parents coming up to me since saying how much they enjoyed the entertainment James provided. Thank you James we will certainly be booking you again in the future and would recommend you to anyone organising a party!” – Beth “James is awesome!!! If you want to relax and enjoy your child’s birthday party then book him. Very professional, enthusiastic and fun. Everyone loved him, a friend of mine at the party has just asked for his details so she can book him for her little girl. Would definitely recommend.” – Lisa “I cannot recommend James highly enough for a childrens’ party of any age, he is absolutely fantastic. As a parent I was able to relax for once and enjoy my daughter’s 5th birthday party instead of rushing around trying to control the children. James completely captivates the audience (including the mums and dads I must add!). What I really liked is that James ensures that no child is left out .. even the shyest. With a mix of traditional games, magic, disco, lights, bubbles and more, James is simply the best. I have him booked in for next year and also for my son’s birthday. Thank you James for a memorable 5th birthday party!” – Lynn “I had attended a party run by James this year and was so impressed. We hired James to entertain about 40 children for our daughter’s 5th birthday party. There was a mixture of children aged mainly 2-5 present. Making the arrangements was smooth and helpful. He guided us with the planning and made very helpful suggestions. James arrived early to the party to set up and was an extremely calming influence on us all. He was calm, confident and professional and lots of fun! He managed to engage the children without question throughout the whole 2 hours and had a mixture of games/prizes/ disco dancing and general entertainment tricks. The children all enjoyed it and the mums were very pleased to have their kids entertained so well. Thanks again. I would definitely recommend James. ” – Caroline
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?
- Are you DBS checked?CRB checks were replaced completely on the 1st March 2013 to become DBS checks (Disclosure & Barring Service). We can’t check ourselves, you have to check us. However, these checks are only for certain occupations. These occupations are set out in law and you won’t be allowed to conduct a check if their occupation isn’t listed. Occupations where these checks apply tend to be occupations where someone is left in sole charge of children. Entertainers like myself don’t fall under the scope of the DBS because we’re performers and we’re not left in sole charge of children.
- How long do you need to set up?30mins
- We saw an entertainer quoting £70 in the local paper. Are you expensive or are they cheap?Please don’t be fooled by unbelievably cheap prices. Like any other industry we have cowboys as well. Ask to go see them work first and you’ll probably discover that cheapness and quality rarely go hand in hand. Even if you don’t book me, to ensure you’re booking a professional, you could also consider hiring someone who’s a member of a trade association for that extra peace of mind. I’m a member of Equity which means I have to adhere to a strict code of conduct – but there are many others.
- My worse nightmare is the entertainer not turning up. Are you reliable?Sadly, all too often we hear of people who have been let down at the last minute and predictably it’s always the cheapies or those who aren’t members of trade associations like Equity. So, even if you don’t book me, please hire someone who’s a member of an association like Equity for that extra peace of mind.
- Can we have a show outdoors?I know there’s a temptation to have your party outside in the summer and it can be a pleasant change for me to work outside. However in my experience garden parties never work as well. The problem is there are normally too many distractions like swings, slides, trampolines and other games and toys around the garden. Also the sunlight itself can be a hindrance because the kids get agitated having to sit in the sunlight watching. And my cool party lighting won’t show up either so all-in-all I suggest you have the show indoors and then if it’s a nice day you could have a party picnic outside after the show.
- Is there any video footage of your show?99% of the parties we perform at are private birthdays where I obviously can’t take footage. Often parents share footage from parties on their own private social media sites but it wouldn’t be acceptable to share in the public domain without the permission of other parents whose children appear in it. However, there are plenty of testimonials and reviews across the web where you can read about real customers experiences.
THE PARTY SHOW
A fun-packed variety show guaranteed to make your child’s party or event the best ever.
The show is best for 3s to 6s and includes a complete mixture of comedy magic, games, party d...