I have been gigging professionally for over 12 years now. I have performed in lots of different venues and events - from pubs and clubs to outdoor festivals, weddings to birthday parties, children's events to cabaret evenings. I recently was one of the lead vocalists on board P&O's Oceana cruise ship where I travelled the world performing in 12 shows to audiences of up to 800 people per night.
My equipment is compact so can fit into smaller venues, but very powerful so can fill larger rooms. It is a Bose PA with a Shure microphone, so is top quality. I perform to backing tracks of high quality.
I cover a wide range of genres - 20s/30s, 50s, 60s, 70s ,80s, 90s/00s, WW2 era songs, Jive Songs, Motown, Musical Theatre, Disney, and am of course willing to learn specific songs to cater to your needs.
If looking for a specific style/genre eg. WW2 songs, I have specific costumes to suit the style.
I am also a children's entertainer and can dress up as most of your favourite Disney princesses for children's parties/events.
All of these styles can be mix and matched to suit your event or I can perform a general set that covers a bit of everything.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?The usual types of events I do are parties, weddings and corporate events, but because I offer such a variety of genres, I am happy to consider any type of event.
- How long do you play for?Sets can be catered to suit your event. My shortest set length is usually 30 minutes and the most I will do without a break is 60 minutes. I am extremely flexible in set lengths and how many sets you would like so please get in touch to discuss.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own PA system which is very portable and compact, but can still fill large spaces comfortably. I do not provide lighting at the moment.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I have Public Liability Insurance for up to 2 million pounds. I have recently bought new equipment which does not need to be PAT tested for the first year, but will of course do so once it gets to that time.
- How much space do you require?The beauty of being a solo singer and having such compact equipment means I do not need much space at all. I usually require a medium sized table to put equipment on and to be near enough to a plug socket.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Absolutely! I am always open to taking requests to make your event extra special!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?The number of breaks depends on how many sets you are having. I will usually take roughly a 15-20 minute break between sets, especially if doing a costume change, but again this is all open to discussion.
- How long do you need to set up?I require roughly 40 minutes to get set up and do a full sound check to make sure I am getting the best possible sound for the room, but can do it quicker if needed.
- What experience do you have working with children?I have been a children's entertainer for nearly 3 years now. I have mainly done birthday parties which involves me entertaining the children for up to 2 hours straight. But I have also done simple meet and greets and photo opportunities.
- Are you DBS checked?I have a Standard Basic DBS check.
- Do you limit the number of children that we can invite to our child's Birthday party?Yes. I usually limit the number to 25 children maximum to make sure every child can be included and I can keep them all safe.
Sets can vary and be catered to your event but please see below for a rough idea of what each style can include.
20s/30s - Anything Goes, Have You Met Miss Jones, I Get A Kick Out Of You, Lady Is A Tramp, Mack The Knife.
40s/WW2 - In The Mood, White Cliffs of Dover, Pack Up Your Troubles, Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree, Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, and We'll Meet Again.
50s/Jive - C'mon Everybody, Great Balls Of Fire, My Boy Lollipop, Why Do Fools Fall In Love, Mister Sandman, Jailhouse Rock.
60s/Motown - Jimmy Mack, Mr Postman, One Fine Day, Dancing In The Street, Heatwave, Rescue Me, River Deep Mountain High.
70s-present day - Young Hearts Run Free, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Raining Men, Dancing Queen, Valerie, Someone Like You, Uptown Funk.
Musical Theatre - Cabaret, I Dreamed A Dream, Defying Gravity, Don't Cry For Me Argentina, Somebody To Love, Oh What A Night.
Disney/Princesses - Elsa, Anna, Rapunzel, Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Aurora, Tinkerbell, Alice In Wonderland