Katie McClaughry - harpist
I'm a professional harpist and trumpet player living in Cornwall and working across the whole of the South of England from Devon and Cornwall right through to Oxfordshire and Cambridge. I offer a friendly, professional service providing instrumental music for a wide range of private and corporate events.
Kelly Johnson• 11 Mar 2018
Katie is so lovely and plays beautifully. I'd recommend her for any event. We asked Katie to play for our Mother's Day Lunch, and she went down a storm. Everyone complimented her and she made it really unique. Thanks Katie, we hope we can get you back again soon :)
Daniel McGinnis• 8 Jun 2019
Katie performed at HMS Drake's annual Partner's Night to 200 service personnel, and their partners.
Preparation was key, she communicated well with us on access for the harp, timings, content.
Katie was punctual and set up in good time. Katie performed her set during the formal dinner.
Everybody was delighted with her performance on the evening, which enhanced the overall experience.
Michele Laity• 7 Sep 2019
Katie played at our wedding. Everyone commented how lovely it was to have s harpist. Thank you
Sam Young• 29 Jul 2017
Katie played for our wedding ceremony and again during our wedding meal on 29th July. She is very talented and a beautiful harpist, I would highly recommend Katie to everybody. Thank you again!
Rosie Wesson• 24 Jun 2017
"Katie played at our wedding on 24th June at Porthleven Methodist Chapel. She was incredible.
Thank you so much Katie, for working with Nicola to put together the song I walked down the aisle to too, it was brilliant. We're very grateful to you for being part of our service. I'm just sorry we didn't get a moment to thank you on the day! I'd recommend Katie to everyone, she's very very talented x"
- How long do you play for?This is entirely negotiable.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?I do have Public Liability, and do not use electronic equipment.
- How much space do you require?About 4 square feet.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Not every piece is adaptable for the harp, but I have successfully transcribed almost all of my requests given enough time.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I take occasional breaks if I'm playing for a long time, never for more than quarter of a hour.
I provide music for all kinds of events, including weddings, funerals, dinners and corporate events. I am happy to provide background and exposed music depending on requirements.