“We had a wonderful afternoon with you last week and the feedback we have received is all very positive. In fact we have been asked when you are coming again!”
“You have a beautiful voice. It also made a difference that you were dressed for the occasion. We had a job to get everyone to go home afterwards.”
Katharine has always been inspired by classic jazz singers like Ella Fitzgerald though to more soulful voices like Etta James and Aretha Franklin.
Katharine puts her own unique spin on a beautiful set list filled with jazz standards as sung by Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra, to name but two!
Her easy-listening style and timeless repertoire adds a touch of class to afternoon tea or evening restaurant entertainment. Her vintage style will also set a visual effect for any venue.
Horsham North Heath WI• 12 Dec 2017
“ Thank-you for coming to entertain and sing for us at our Christmas meeting. What a great performer you are with your singing and story telling which brought everything to life. “
Petra Sussex• 21 May 2016
“Katharine’s lovely voice had the congregation spell-bound and added an extra dimension to the occasion. Thank you so much.”
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I sing at all kinds of events, including private events such as weddings, christenings, anniversaries and birthdays and public and community events like fundraising events and tea parties.. Many of my bookings are for vintage themed events and I can dress to fit in with the theme, such as a Great Gatsby wedding, 1940s wartime event or 1950s Rock 'n' Roll party. I also sing at private and corporate events such as Christmas parties. Wedding ceremony , wedding drinks reception, wedding breakfast , Corporate and private party entertainment After dinner entertainment
- Who are your previous clients?Five star hotels, National organisations e.g. NADFAS and Womens institute
- How long do you play for?1-2 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes I have two different PA systems: , medium and large which caters for small venues like care homes to large venues for weddings. They are all high quality PA systems with a Shure SM58 microphone. My medium PA system doesn't require electricity. I don't have my own lighting.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I have full Public Liability Insurance for £10,000,000 through the Incorporated Society of Musicians
- How much space do you require?Not much at all! Approx 3ft x 4 ft and a small table.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, as long as I have some notice I can learn the song for you. There may be a small cost associated if I need to buy a backing track or music and pianist time if the track is not available.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?It depends on what you would like, If you choose to have 3x30 minute sets then the break will be around 15 minutes each time.
Ain’t Misbehavin’ - Fats Waller
Blue skies - Berlin
Bye By Blackbird - Julie London
Embraceable You - George & Ira Gershwin
How Long Has This Been Going On - Gershwin
Gee, Baby, Ain't I Good to ...