When independent music artists release their debut single, they don’t usually expect to achieve national radio exposure. However, Nottingham’s Kalli Ashton is no ordinary singer, and her debut single Worth Your While was heard across the UK thanks to exposure on Mark Forrest’s BBC Radio Show.
Following in the footsteps of The Shires and Ward Thomas, Kalli's debut single 'Worth Your While' is a country-inspired and gritty tale of a good-for-nothing man treating his woman badly.
Whilst Nottingham is home to the up and coming artist, Kalli’s heart is very much in Nashville: “Having Cherokee Indian ancestry I have always been drawn to country music,” she explains. She entered the studio in 2015 to record her debut release. With the recent attention Kalli has received with her music, she has now had the success of releasing her debut EP ‘Wings’, a six track gem that includes the BBC Introducing track 'Battered and Bruised' and the feel-good and inspiring single 'Journey of Life'. ...
- Who are your previous clients?Many clients have been linked to pubs and bars across the UK, ranging from Birmingham to Essex. Charity festivals and singing competitions such as Open Mic UK. Private party client (e.g. for birthday parties and garden parties).
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Types of events always vary. Examples of events I have covered are: pubs, village halls, weddings, competitions, private parties (live music in client's home), garden parties and festivals.
- How long do you play for?Set times vary from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on preferences for the event. Breaks will be taken into account after a 1 hour set.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As an example, when hired for 2 x 45 minute sets, there will be a break in between of either 15 minutes or 30 minutes depending on timings of the event and preferences of clients. Breaks can be very flexible.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Requests can be made prior to the event in order to account for rehearsal time. Requests cannot usually be made on the day.
- How much space do you require?Little space is required for the set up. There are two speakers on stands where necessary, however these have also been placed on the floor at smaller venues. Main set up is two microphones and a guitar. More space may be needed for full band requests.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public liability insurance is confirmed and up to date. All PA equipment is PAT tested.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Full PA system is available. No lighting.
- How long do you play for?Set times vary from 30 minutes - 2 hours. Dependent on client's requirements for event. Prices may vary.
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Boom Clap - Charlie XCX
Worth Your While - Kalli Ashton
Photograph - Ed Sheeran
Wagon Wheel - Darius Rucker
Amnesia - 5 Seconds Of Summer
Let It Go - James Bay