Leeds, West Yorkshire
Verified bookings: 0
Price from: £200
Solo female saxophonist available for weddings, private parties, functions.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Vibrant , appealing , bubbly ,elegant, stylish,versatile, experienced ,female Sax player .
- What are the highlights of your career?I guess one of the most memorable experiences I've had was playing support to Acker Bilk at the Swansea beer festival , an absolute hoot Haha, in more ways than one . I guess I will never forget playing for three years as part of the resident jazz band in the basement bar of the New Philharmonic Pub , Queens Street, Cardiff , especially on Rugby union days 😉 say no more , and I guess the first ever highlight of my career as a teenager , winning the Neville Cup for the most promising musician in Kent at 15yrs old has to be one of the proudest moments of my life which set me on a path of having a passion for music my whole life . Apart from that I've played as a session musician, met Noddy Holder from Slade on a coffee break , chatted for half an hour ,and didn't know it was him lol. I've also played in big bands and a swing band and pop bands on and off throughout my life.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?I'm a very good communicative performer , I believe that if we truly connect with a song or a tune , it has the power to stay with us forever , especially if it is a tune attached to a special occasion, like a wedding , anniversary, special birthday , life changing event, celebration ,year after year , whenever we hear that special tune it brings all of the memories and emotions floding back . I believe that life is made up of a series of special moments and that music is crucially part of that . A special song connects with our very soul and never leaves us . That is why I love music so much and why I want to share it through performance.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?I am looking to play for functions , wedding receptions , maybe as guests enter offering background music ,or throughout at various times , anniversaries , special celebratory events , birthday parties , or festive events throughout the year, valentines , christmas , summer garden parties , corporate events , etc .
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?I can play your special tune if it's not in my repertoire given enough notice to learn it .
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Breaks would be dependent upon requirements and mutually agreed beforehand .
Can cover pop, jazz, blues, easy listening, slow and romantic, dance, special requests if given advance warning and time to prepare .