Jonny graduated from St Catharine's College, Cambridge with a BA in Music in 2015. Though he began university primarily as an oboist studying under Nicholas Daniel, his encounter with the choral scene there lead him to take singing more seriously, regularly singing baritone with Sidney Sussex Chapel Choir, Cambridge University Chamber Choir as well as taking one-off projects ranging from Renaissance consorts to a premiere of John Tavener's opera Mary of Egypt and an acclaimed performance of Stockhausen's avant garde vocal ritual, Stimmung. Now working in London, Jonny continues to sing regularly in churches as a choral dep and for the Fisher Consort. In his spare time he's trying to learn how to speak French, take good photographs and be a better jazz drummer/pianist.
Gus Pezzi• 10 Jul 2017
Jonny sung excellently at the recent church service I booked him for
- How long do you play for?I typically perform for up to 3 hours with a break per hour.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?no
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?no
- How much space do you require?3x3m
- Christmas carols
- close harmony arrangements of popular songs
- renaissance polyphony
- church repertoire