Jonny’s music creates an atmosphere similar to a 1930s Parisian café. The relaxed style makes him a perfect choice to provide background music at a wedding, café, restaurant, bar or private party with a European feel. Jonny is also just as comfortable playing on stage to several hundreds with his two bands Café Manouche and The Improvista Quartet.
As a child Jonny threw himself into playing the piano and songwriting, having grown up around music. He learnt to play the accordion at the age of 15 after discovering the music of Django Reinhardt and Tony Murena, who became his musical inspirations. Jonny has performed at hundreds of events all over the UK such as weddings, parties, festivals, Restaurant's, bars and for Celebrities at various events in London. He has also played on the BBC period drama 'Peaky Blinders’. In the gypsy jazz and swing circuit Jonny is considered to be one of the UK’s top accordionist, and has performed with musicians such as Andy Aitchison, Remi Harris, Jonn...
Helga Munger• 26 Aug 2017
We loved the atmosphere created and Jonny was really helpful in playing requests too! Fantastic musician and we highly recommend.
Lewis Andrews (Wedding)• 6 Jan 2018
Absolutely Fantastic. Jonny played at our wedding and everybody loved him. The French style music he played was exactly what we wanted and everybody thoroughly enjoyed it. Jonny was playing in Nottingham that evening but managed to come to Cambridge and play for us on our special day. What a nice chap. thank you Jonny.
Louise Woffindin• 1 Sep 2017
Jonny played at our wedding and everybody said how fantastic it was! My husband now wants to learn the accordion! Thank you for adding a lot to our special day!
Tracey Wood• 9 Sep 2017
Wow what a performance. Jonny played the accordion at our recent wedding and certainly entertained. All the guests commented on what a fabulous idea it was to have an accordion for a wedding and also what a talent he was. We would highly recommend Jonny for any event.
Adam Smith (Nottingham Junior Lawyers Division)• 28 Jan 2018
Jonny played at our Junior Lawyer Parisian themed ball. Everyone was delighted with Jonny's music and he really made it a special evening. I would highly recommend this talented musician to anyone looking to add a touch of class to an evening or for adding a different touch to an event.
- How long do you play for?2 x 45 minute sets or one set without a short break
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have speakers that have been PAT tested, however I prefer to play acoustically
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I am fully insured
- How much space do you require?3 square meters, however I mainly wander among the guests as I play
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course I am happy to learn a request free of charge
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take one short break of 10 minutes or so, but I am also happy to play straight through if this works better.
- Where is your instrument from?My Victoria accordion is one of the best quality instruments you can buy and was purchased in person at the factory in Castelfidardo, Italy.
• The Amelie film songs
• Up theme tune
• You've got a friend in me (Toy Story)
• I can't help falling in love with you (Elvis)
• Isn't she lovely (Stevie Wonder)
• The Godfather theme