Jonny’s music creates an atmosphere similar to a 1930s Parisian café. The relaxed style makes him a perfect choice to provide background music at a wedding, café, restaurant, bar or private party with a European feel. Jonny is also just as comfortable playing on stage to several hundreds with his band 'The Jonny Kerry Quartet'.
As a child Jonny threw himself into playing the piano and songwriting, having grown up around music. He learnt to play the accordion at the age of 15 after discovering the music of Django Reinhardt and Tony Murena, who became his musical inspirations. Jonny has performed at hundreds of events all over the UK such as weddings, parties, festivals, Restaurant's, bars and for Celebrities at various events in London. He has also played on the BBC period drama 'Peaky Blinders’. In the gypsy jazz and swing circuit Jonny is considered to be one of the UK’s top accordionist, and has performed with musicians such as Andy Aitchison, Remi Harris, Jonny Hepbir & many more leading UK musicians.
Jonny was destined to follow in the footsteps of his musical family. His parents played in a country and western band which toured with Chet Atkins, his grandparents played in the Salvation Army band and his great-grandfather was an accordionist. Jonny also performs in a swing/jazz band Café Manouche with his brothers. With musical talent clearly in his genes, you are sure to be impressed by Jonny's performances.
Jonny has performed at hundreds of events all of the UK such as weddings, parties, festivals, Restaurant's, bars and for Celebrities at various events in London. He has also played on the BBC drama 'Peaky Blinders'.
Recent Clients Include:
• The BBC 'Peaky Blinders' period drama series
• The Conran shop PR Event, Chelsea, London
• Café Rouge ( Residency )
• The Southwell Folk Festival
• Port Elliot Festival
Nottingham Contemporary Art Centre
The National Centre for Craft and Design.
Adam Smith (Nottingham Junior Lawyers Division)• Jan. 28, 2018
Jonny played at our Junior Lawyer Parisian themed ball. Everyone was delighted with Jonny's music and he really made it a special evening. I would highly recommend this talented musician to anyone looking to add a touch of class to an evening or for adding a different touch to an event.
Mirabel (Birthday party)• Jan. 27, 2018
Thank you so much for adding a touch of class to my 40th celebrations, it was perfect, loved every minute and wouldn't hesitate to book Jonny again. Look no further, he's the accordionist for your event!
Lewis Andrews (Wedding)• Jan. 6, 2018
Absolutely Fantastic. Jonny played at our wedding and everybody loved him. The French style music he played was exactly what we wanted and everybody thoroughly enjoyed it. Jonny was playing in Nottingham that evening but managed to come to Cambridge and play for us on our special day. What a nice chap. thank you Jonny.
Kate and Tom Judge• Nov. 24, 2017
Jonny played during the drinks reception at our marquee wedding a couple of weeks ago and was absolutely brilliant. Not only was he entirely professional, but he played a variety of great tunes solidly for several hours straight. We would definitely recommend him.
Victoria Bowman (Wedding on Dartmoor in Devon)• Sept. 30, 2017
Jonny was just what I was after for our country wedding- beautiful background music that suited our style and theme perfectly. On another note, he has been a delight to deal with from start to finish. I would highly recommend him and would love to work with him again. Thank you so much Jonny!
Claire & Tom (Wedding)• Sept. 16, 2017
Jonny played at our wedding, and we - and all the guests - loved his music. He created a great atmosphere, which was perfect for our garden and marquee setting. We had a number of French guests, and they were very impressed with his repertoire. Wonderful!
- How long do you play for?2 x 45 minute sets or one set without a short break
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have speakers that have been PAT tested, however I prefer to play acoustically
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes I am fully insured
- How much space do you require?3 square meters, however I mainly wander among the guests as I play
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Of course I am happy to learn a request free of charge
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?I usually take one short break of 10 minutes or so, but I am also happy to play straight through if this works better.
- Where is your instrument from?My Victoria accordion is one of the best quality instruments you can buy and was purchased in person at the factory in Castelfidardo, Italy.
• The Amelie film songs
• Up theme tune
• You've got a friend in me (Toy Story)
• I can't help falling in love with you (Elvis)
• Isn't she lovely (Stevie Wonder)
• The Godfather theme
• Ambiance Mussettienne
• Under Paris skies
• La Foule
• Tico Tico
• Fly me to the moon
• Joseph Joseph
• Monti Czardas
• Padam Padam
• songe d'automne
• Many more…