We are an acoustic Parisian-style jazz band playing a vibrant blend of Gypsy Swing, jazz standards and funky latin, all mashed up with some snappy arrangements and played from the heart.
Available to hire as solo guitar, duo, trio, quartet (with or without vocals) and quintet (with or without vocals).
Whether you’re looking for laid-back background music or something more up tempo for dancing, our Gypsy Jazz band offers a heady mix of hot Gypsy Swing, funky Latin tunes and cool Jazz Standards, the ideal complement to your wedding or event.
Spanning across the 1920’s, 1930’s and 1940’s, this distinctive style of music with its Continental, upbeat quality is a refreshing alternative to more traditional acoustic ensembles.
You can either hire Jonny as a solo guitarist or with the rest of the band as a duo, trio, quartet or quintet, with your choice of line-up including guitar, double bass, violin, accordion, clarinet/sax and vocals. Watch the videos below to see the different...
Claire Rogers• 23 Jul 2016
“Hi Jonny, I just wanted to write to say thank you so much for providing us with such amazing music for our wedding on the 16th May. The music was just perfect and fitted so well with our French themed wedding. I adore French Gypsy Jazz. Everyone absolutely loved your music and so many people said that their time on the lawn with your music, the food and drinks (plenty of drink!) plus the great weather was their favourite time of the day. Thank you again for such wonderful music and for such gre...
Sir Paul McCartney• 22 Dec 2011
“You guys are good… really good!” (Private Christmas party December 2011)
Frederick DeWitt• 21 Sep 2017
“Dear Jonny, Freddie and I wanted to send you a big thank you for what has been an unforgettable evening, also thank you to your wonderful music. It has been unique to have you guys and I am sorry I dragged you into the middle of the greenhouse not once but twice! 🙂 I loved dancing with your music, so again… THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!” Margherita and Frederick (engagement party)
Victoria Conran• 18 Aug 2012
“Jonny, you and your band were brilliant, couldn’t have been better! Such a good feeling throughout your sets, thank you for making such an excellent contribution to the great enjoyment of the evening. Terence really, really loved it” Lady Victoria Conran (Sir Terence Conran’s 80th birthday party)
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If we are playing for 2 x 60 minute sets, we will take one break of up to 30 minutes, depending on your requirements. If we are playing for 3 x 40 minute sets, we will take two breaks, usually of up to 20 minutes, again depending on your requirements.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?We play an extensive repertoire including Gypsy Jazz, jazz standards and Latin numbers from the 20's, 30's and 40's. If it is a tune from this era and genre, and is not included in our repertoire, we would be happy to incorporate it into our performance for an additional fee. Our repertoire list is available upon request.
- How much space do you require?2m x 2m required for solo guitar up to 4m x 2m for Quintet.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We provide our own amps and can plug into a larger sound system if necessary. We do not provide lighting.
- How long do you play for?Either 2 x 60 minute sets or 3 x 40 minute sets over a 3.5 hour period (longer playing times can be negotiated).
- How can event planners pay for your services?Bank transfer
- Who are your previous clients?Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Terence Conran, Roman Abramovich, Paul Merton’s wedding (Have I Got News for You), Mark Williams (The Fast Show, Harry Potter), Neil ‘Razor’ Ruddock’s wedding (Hello! Magazine), Royal Bank of Scotland, Ricard, Skadden, Fugro, Price Waterhouse Coopers, The Navy Club St James’s Square London, Claridges Hotel, The Ritz, The National Theatre, V&A Museum, The Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall, The Barbican Centre, Telecom Tower, The Wallace Collection, The RSA, Blenheim Palace, Beachdown Festival Brighton, London Jazz Festival, Birmingham International Jazz Festival, Django Reinhardt Festival 2013 in Samois-sur-Seine, France
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, birthday parties, engagement parties, private dinner parties, Christmas parties, corporate events, product launches, public events and festivals.
- What are the highlights of your career?We have played for the likes of Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Terence Conran, Roman Abramovich and Kool & The Gang to name a few.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are an acoustic Parisian-style jazz band, available to hire from solo guitar up to a quintet, playing a vibrant blend of Gypsy Swing, jazz standards and funky latin, all mashed up with some snappy arrangements and played from the heart.
The standard duration of our performance is either 2 x 60 minute sets or 3 x 40 minute sets over a 3.5 hour period (longer playing times can be negotiated).
The band line-ups we offer are as follow...