I am John and welcome to John Scofield Photography! I'm a passionate, friendly and experienced award-winning wedding, event, portrait and commercial photographer.
Operating throughout Sussex, Kent and Surrey, I am committed to creating natural, contemporary, stylish images that you will be proud to display.
Plain and simple I just love photography. I shoot around 50+ weddings every year but still find time to love cameras and lenses and all the other bits and bobs too. I love meeting people and freeze-framing their lives. I love the challenges of adverse weather, tricky light and children that won’t smile on cue! Its what I do and I wouldn’t change a thing!
I am a storyteller. Creatively capturing the happiness and emotion of special occasions is my talent. I visually record things that you are probably to busy to notice, and if you want the ‘wow’ picture we can create that too!
There are many photographers around but I am different. I do my research, I arrive early, I leave late, I care and I can help guide you through any situation to ensure that the photography is everything you dreamt of. I do it all with a smile and will not stop until I believe I have done you justice.
I am professional, organized and outgoing and just love the excitement and emotion that weddings and special events provide.
Thriving on new technology, I invest heavily in equipment that will allow me to make the most of your special occasion, creating timeless, artistic, natural images for you to be proud to display and enjoy for many many years.
I am proud of my reputation and what my clients say about me – please read through some recent testimonials if you have time…
If you have any questions, check availability or would like to discuss anything relating to my services please make contact.
- What does the wedding package include?Your wedding will be shot by me with most 10 hour packages starting about 2 hours before the ceremony. This is enough time to capture bridal preparations and also some fun images of the boys too! What will I capture? Bridal Preparations Groom Arriving Ceremony Drinks Reception Group Shots (posed, fun and natural!) Couple Shots Speeches Cake Cutting Bouquet Toss First Dance Evening Reception You will receive all the natural documentary images that capture all those moments that will help you relive the day over and over again. All of the images will be edited and supplied to you without watermarks for your use. Your friends and family will also have access to images, with your permission, and they can order prints from the beautiful, bespoke, password protected gallery that will be emailed to you when the images are ready. My testimonials speak for themselves and there are also lots on my FaceBook page too along with regular content and images from recent weddings. I have 7000+ Facebook page likes and followers and also 8000+ Instagram followers and I am very grateful to each and every one of them who have enjoyed my images from various weddings and events.
- Do you cover more than one wedding a day?No.
- What style of photos do you take?Fresh and contemporary documentary...
- What kind of technology do you use?All Sony Mirrorless with the latest high-end lenses.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?I have a beautiful bespoke password-protected online gallery system.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?From 2-8 weeks depending on time of the year.
- Do you send all the photos taken?You will receive 700+ full resolution watermark-free images from the day.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I have the use of a second shooter and a videographer as necessary.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?Yes several - although I've never had to call on them to date.
- Do you have the rights to publish the wedding photos?Yes with you permission although and you will always be asked first.