I sing the greatest and biggest hits, across almost all popular genres, from the 50's right up to the present day. I have a huge vocal range from say Kenny Rogers, up to The Stylistics and I'm able to faithfully reproduce the recorded versions of the greatest classics in a live situation. I currently have a repertoire of over 200 songs and it's always expanding. My motto is 'expect the unexpected' because, book me and that's exactly what you'll get. If required, I can also do some stand-up comedy in between. I'm also a Top-Flight DJ and have a Massive Karaoke, too. Whether you're a small bar/restaurant owner, a social club or, someone looking for a top act for a special occasion, I most definitely am your man!
John Owen• Jan. 11, 2020
Excellent evening of music and dancing enjoyed by all 100 +of my guests
Heather Welsh• Jan. 7, 2020
John came to entertain at our Companionship Cafe for the community in Wetherby. Our audience absolutely loved him, such a lovely guy with a great variety of songs. Before he left us our guests asked me to book him again! We have done and welcome John back in August with his comedy act plus singing this time and we cannot wait
Colin Le Boutillier• Dec. 14, 2019
John was a pleasure to deal with right from the start. He helped our night go perfect especially since this was all arranged at the last minute. The guests all enjoyed his great voice and joining in on the Karaoke. Thanks John
Sue Hajba• Oct. 12, 2019
John was brilliant. Would book him again. Had every record we requested.
Andrew blackburn• Oct. 5, 2019
John went above and beyond our expectations and helped to make our day so special, even staying later than planned and allowing us to use his equipment for our speeches, the amount of people that approached us and said how fantastic having john perform during our wedding breakfast was startling, would 100% recommend that you consider using john for any upcoming events you may have. Thankyou again Andrew and Caroline
Margaret Reeve• Aug. 31, 2019
Very entertaining , very friendly and professional thank you John x
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Bars, Pubs, Restaurants, Clubs, Engagements, Weddings, Birthday Parties and all private functions.
- Who are your previous clients?In this last year alone I have served Corporate clients such as The NHS, The RAF, The British Army, Frankie & Benny's Corporate Division and Haven Parks etc. Please, see my Poptop Feedback Section for my most recent bookings with this Agency on here. 😀
- How long do you play for?As a singer, the Clubs/Pubs usually ask for 2 X 45 minutes but, I'm very flexible and I have more than enough material to cover absolutely any event out there. Restaurants usually want 3 x 30 minutes etc. As a DJ a d or, Karaoke DJ, I'm there for the duration of the event. :-)
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. I have a large PA for the bigger venues and a smaller system for bars and restaurants. The smaller one takes just 10 minutes to set up and takes up very little space. Both rigs sound absolutely superb. My Disco and also my Karaoke has its own lighting-system plus, fog machine, if desired.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. I have Public Liabilty insurance. Yes. My equipment is PAT-Tested and up to date.
- How much space do you require?I try to always work with the space allocated. In smaller bars and restaurants, I need a very small space, that's all.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As a singer, I usually take just one 15 minute break, in between sets. As a DJ/Karaoke DJ, I take breaks when I can but, the music doesn't stop. I'm very flexible so, 'bingo-sessions' in clubs etc. are taken into account.
- What style of music do you offer?As a singer, I cover Pop, Rock, Soul, Motown, Northern Soul, Country, Crooner and Folk. As a DJ I cover all styles in my Disco song-collection. As a DJ/Karaoke DJ, I keep my music up-to-date so, I should have everything you and your guests ask for. 😀 My great feedback bares this out.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?As a singer, yes, no problem. I would need a minimum of one week's notice to learn the song/s. As a DJ, I need just a little notice to be able to get hold of any song/s I possibly may not have although, that's unlikely?
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, I can do open air events and I have a specialist rig that is Leisure-battery powered and can operate in any remote location, where there is no source of electricity. I'd need it to be sheltered from the elements but, I can also hire (locally to me) a specialist awning if required.
- How long is the act?As a singer I usually perform 2 x 45 minutes with a 15 minute break in between but, I can perform for much longer (and usually do) when required. As a DJ/Karaoke DJ, I'm there for the duration of your event, to be discussed at time of booking, and I always leave music running, if and when I take a short break.
- What other services to you provide?I am first and foremost a professional singer but, I am also a very experienced DJ. I also have a Karaoke, with a huge selection of songs. I do some stand-up Comedy and I even throw in a few magic tricks now and again. I can speak at your event for you if required and I speak several foreign languages fluently if needed. I'm also a pretty good photographer.
- Are you able to work to specific requests?Yes and I regularly do. Just let me know what you have in mind and we should be able to get it organised. If you check my feedback, you will see that I go the extra mile for my clients.
- Do you have a list of songs that you sing?YES, HERE IT IS, IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER AND IT'S CONSTANTLY BEING ADDED TO: Ace - How long / Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the sky / Albert Hammond - It never rains in Southern California / America - Horse with no name / America - Ventura Highway / Andy Kim - Rock me gently / Andy Williams - Can't take my eyes off you / Andy Williams - Music to watch girls by / Andy Williams - Solitaire / Andy Williams - Where do I begin (Love Story) / Barry Manilow - I write the songs / Barry Manilow - Mandy / Beatles - Yesterday / Billy Joel - Honesty / Billy Joel - Movin' out (Anthony's song) / Billy Joel - My life / Billy Ocean - Red light spells danger / Billy Ocean - Suddenly / Blue - All rise / Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Against the wind / Bobby Vee - Take good care of my baby / Bobby Vee - The night has a thousand eyes / Boz Scaggs - Fly like a bird / Boz Scaggs - Look what you've done to me / Boz Scaggs - Sierra / Bread - The guitar man / Bread - Everything I own / Bread - Make it with you / Brook Benton - A rainy night in Georgia / Casuals - Jesamine / Charlie Rich - The most beautiful girl / Cheap Trick - The Flame / Chi-Lites - Oh girl / Christie - Yellow River / Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best that you can do) / Cliff Richard & The Shadows - I could easily fall / Cliff Richard - We don't talk anymore / Commodores - Easy (like Sunday morning) / Commodores - Nightshift / Commodores - Sail on / Commodores - Still / Curtis Stigers - You're all that matters to me / Danny and The Juniors - At the Hop / David Gray - Babylon / David Soul - Don't give up on us / David Soul - Silver lady / Dawn - Candida / Dawn - Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree / Del Amitri - Always the last to Know / Del Shannon - Runaway / Detroit Spinners - Ghetto child / Detroit Spinners - Working my way back to you-Forgive me girl / Dobie Gray - Drift away / Dobie Gray - Out on the floor / Don Henley - The last worthless evening / Don McLean - American pie / Don McLean - Vincent / Don Williams - I recall a gypsy woman / Dr Hook and The Medicine Show - Sylvia's mother / Dr Hook - When you're in love with a beautiful woman / Drifters - Like sister and brother / Drifters - Saturday night at the movies / Drifters - Save the last dance for me / Drifters - Under the boardwalk / Drifters - Up on the roof / Drifters - You're more than a number in my little red book / Eagles - Desperado / Eagles - Lyin' eyes / Eagles - New kid in town / Eagles - Peaceful easy feeling / Eagles - Take it easy / Eagles - Tequila Sunrise / Eagles - Wasted time / Ed Sheeran - Perfect/ Eddie and the Hot Rods - Do anything you wanna do / Eden Kane - Well I ask you / Elton John - Candle in the wind / Elton John - Daniel / Engelbert Humperdinck - The last Waliz / Elvis Presley - Guitar man / Elvis Presley - Hound dog / Elvis Presley - In the Ghetto / Everly Brothers - So sad (to watch good love go bad) / Fantastics - Something old something new / Foreigner - Cold as ice / Foreigner - Waiting for a girl like you / Foundations - Baby now that I've found you / Four Tops - If I were a carpenter / Four Tops - Walk away Renee / Frank Sinatra - Come fly with me / Frank Sinatra - Let me try again / Frank Sinatra - My way / Frank Sinatra - Somethin' stupid / Frank Sinatra - Strangers in the night / Frank Sinatra - New York / Frank Wilson - Do I love you (indeed I do) / Frankie Valli - Grease / George Michael - Careless whisper / George Ezra - Blame it on me / George Ezra - Budapest / George Ezra - Shotgun / George Jones - A good year for the roses / Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street / Glen Campbell - By the time I get to Phoenix / Glen Campbell - Galveston / Glen Campbell - Rhinestone cowboy / Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman / Gordon Lightfoot - If you could read my mind / Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown / Hollies - He ain't heavy he's my brother / James Taylor - Fire and rain / James Taylor - You've got a friend / James Taylor - Sweet baby James / Jeff Beck - Hi-ho silver lining / Jeffrey Osborne - On the wings of love / Jigsaw - Sky high / Jim Diamond - I should have known better / Jim Reeves - He'll have to go / Jim Reeves - Welcome to my world / Jimmy Ruffin - What becomes of the broken hearted / Joe Dolan - Make me an island / John Denver - Annie's song / John Denver - Take me home country roads / John Denver - Rocky Mountain high / John Holt - Help me make it through the night / John Lennon - Imagine / Johnny Logan - What's another year / Johnny Tillotson - Poetry in motion / Jose Feliciano - Light my fire / Joshua Kadison - Jessie / Junior Walker and The All-Stars - What does it take (to win your love) / Kenny Rogers - Lucille / Kenny Rogers - The gambler / Kenny Rogers - Ruby don't take your love to town / Lee Greenwood - Wind beneath my wings / Len Barry - 1-2-3 / Leo Sayer - More than I can say / Lindisfarne - Run for home / Lionel Richie - All night long (all night) / Lionel Richie - Hello / Lobo - Me and you and a dog named Boo / Long John Baldry - Let the heartaches begin / Lou Rawls - You'll never find another love like mine / Love Affair - A day without love / Love Affair - Bringing on back the good times / Love Affair - Everlasting love / Lovin' Spoonful - Summer in the city / Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis / Marmalade - Cousin Norman / Marmalade - Ob-la-di ob-la-da / Marmalade - Rainbow / Marmalade - Reflections of my life / Marvin Gaye - Abraham Martin and John / Marvin Gaye - Wherever I lay my hat / Matthews Southern Comfort - Woodstock / Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Davy's on the road again / Merle Haggard - Okie from Muskogee / Michael Bolton - How am I supposed to live without you / Mike and The Mechanics - The living years / Monkees - Daydream believer / Morris Albert - Feelings / Nat King Cole - Unforgettable / Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose / Nat King Cole - L.O.V.E. / Nat King Cole - Those lazy hazy crazy days of Summer / Nat King Cole - When I fall in love / Nat King Cole - Mona Lisa / Nazareth - Broken down Angel / Ned Miller - From a Jack to a King / Neil Diamond - Forever in blue jeans / Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline / Neil Young - Heart of gold / Nilsson - Everybody's talkin' / Nilsson - Without you / Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the sky / O.C. Smith - The son of Hickory Holler's tramp / O'Jays - Love train / Partridge Family - I think I love you / Perry Como - And I love you so / Perry Como - For the good times / Perry Como - It's impossible / Peter And Gordon - World without love / Peter Skellern - You're a lady / Randy Vanwarmer - Just when I needed you most / R.E.M. - Losing my religion / Real Thing - Can't get by without you / Real Thing - You to me are everything / Richard Marx - Right here waiting / Righteous Brothers - Unchained melody / Robbie Williams - Angels / Roger Whittaker - New world in the morning / Roxy Music - Love is the drug / Roy Orbison - Penny Arcade / Roy Orbison - You got it / Rupert Holmes - Him / Sandy Coast - The eyes of Jenny / Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (be sure to wear some flowers in your hair) / Scott Walker - Joanna / Sherbet - Howzat / Simply Red - Holding back the years / Spinners - Working my way back to you / Stealer's Wheel - Stuck in the middle with you / Steve Houghton - Wind beneath my wings / Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra / Stevie Wonder - I just called to say I love you / Stevie Wonder - Yester-me yester-you yesterday / Stylistics - Betcha by golly wow / Stylistics - Can't give you anything (but my love) / Stylistics - You make me feel brand new / Styx - Babe / Tams - Hey girl don't bother me / Tavares - Dont take away the music / Temptations - Just my imagination / Temptations - My girl / Temptations - Since I lost my Baby / Ten Sharp - You / Terry Jacks - Seasons in the sun / The Box Tops - The letter / Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the jar / Tom Jones - Delilah / Tom Jones - Green green grass of home / Tom Jones - I'll never fall in love again / Tom Jones - It's not unusual / Tommy Roe - Dizzy / Tony Christie - Is this the way to Amarillo / Toto - Africa / Toto - I won't hold you back / Toto - Rosanna / Turtles - Happy together / Turtles - Elenore / Union Gap feat. Gary Pucket - This girl is a woman now / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Lady willpower / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Over you / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Woman woman / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Young girl / Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl / Walker Brothers - The sun ain't gonna shine any more / Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson - Luckenbach Texas / Wham - Careless whisper / Young Rascals - Groovin' / Zager and Evans - In the year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) / Zombies - Time of the season /
- Can I call you to discuss my requirements first?Yes. Please feel free to call me any time. If I can't take your call at the time, I will let you know and call you back asap.
I sing hits from the following artists:
George Ezra, Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, Nat King Cole, Glen Campbell, Kenny Rogers, The Eagles, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Boz Scaggs, Bread, The Commodores, Lionel Richie, Curtis Stigers, Brook Benton, The Temptations, The Stylistics, David Gray, David Soul, Dobie Gray, Don McLean, George Jones, Gordon Lightfoot, James Taylor, Lou Rawls, Michael Bolton, Elton John and scores more top artists.