Recently back available to work in the UK after 15 great years on the Continent. I sing the greatest and biggest hits, across almost all popular genres, from the 50's right up to the present day. I have a huge vocal range from say Kenny Rogers, up to The Stylistics and I'm able to faithfully reproduce the recorded versions of the greatest classics in a live situation. I currently have a repertoire of over 200 songs and it's always expanding. My motto is 'expect the unexpected' because, book me and that's exactly what you'll get. If required, I also do some stand-up comedy in between. I also DJ and have a Massive Karaoke, too. Whether you're a small bar/restaurant owner, a social club or, someone looking for a top act for a special occasion, I most definitely am your man and, as I'm recently restarting here in the UK, I'm prepared to work to 'your tight budget' until the end of 2019.
N.B. 'SPECIAL!' For bars and restaurants within 20 miles of Leeds (West Yorkshire), I'm willing to com...
Lisa Williams• 18 May 2019
John was really good, very good singer and all kids and adults loved karaoke selection. Everyone had fun it was a long day for all but really good Would highly recommend John to anyone looking for entertainment
Jean Bannister• 14 Dec 2018
Hi Paige .John was absolutely brilliant everyone said they really enjoyed it .
Linda Chapman• 23 Feb 2019
John was fantastic in every way and delivered a lovely evenings entertainment, I would definitely book him again.
Cheryl Butler• 27 Feb 2019
"What a truly fabulous man and service, from the enquiry to the event itself, John was courteous, sensitive and accommodating helping us celebrate our beautiful dad's life in a way he would most certainly have wanted. Nothing was too much trouble, he had possible song we asked for acosss 7 decades and his lovely voice was an unexpected bonus. We cannot recommend John enough and will most certainly book him, hopefully for a more joyous occasion.
Thanks John you are a blessing x"
Colette Turner-Loisel• 5 May 2019
Fantastic DJ and very patient when we were running behind schedule
- Who are your previous clients?Please see my Poptop Feedback for my most recent clients on here. As most of my previous clients are over on the continent, it's of little use to put them here. For this reason alone I'm starting back out here in the UK at very competitive prices for 2019. I fully aim to hit the top of the pile in the not too distant future. Don't delay, book me today! 😉
- How long do you play for?As a singer, the Clubs/Pubs usually ask for 2 X 45 minutes but, I'm very flexible and I have more than enough material to cover absolutely any event out there. Restaurants usually want 3 x 45 minutes etc. As a DJ/Karaoke DJ, I'm there for the duration of the event. :-)
- Can I call you to discuss my requirements first?Yes. Please feel free to call me any time. If I can't take your call at the time, I will let you know and call you back asap.
- Are you able to work to specific requests?Yes. Just let me know what you have in mind and we should be able to get it organised. If you check my feedback, you will see that I go the extra mile for my clients.
- What other services to you provide?I am first and foremost a professional singer but, I am also a very experienced DJ. I also have a Karaoke, with a huge selection of songs. I do some stand-up Comedy and I even throw in a few magic tricks now and again. I can speak at your event for you if required and I speak several foreign languages fluently if needed. I'm also a pretty good photographer.
- How long is the act?As a singer I usually perform 2 x 45 minutes with a 15 minute break in between but, I can perform for much longer (and usually do) when required. As a DJ/Karaoke DJ, I'm there for the duration of your event, to be discussed at time of booking, and I always leave music running, if and when I take a short break.
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes, I can do open air events and I have a specialist rig that is Leisure-battery powered and can operate in any remote location, where there is no source of electricity. I'd need it to be sheltered from the elements but, I can also hire (locally to me) a specialist awning if required.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. I have Public Liabilty insurance. Yes. My equipment is PAT-Tested and up to date.
- Do you have a list of songs that you sing?YES, HERE IT IS, IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER AND IT'S CONSTANTLY BEING ADDED TO: Ace - How long / Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the sky / Albert Hammond - It never rains in Southern California / America - Horse with no name / America - Ventura Highway / Andy Kim - Rock me gently / Andy Williams - Can't take my eyes off you / Andy Williams - Music to watch girls by / Andy Williams - Solitaire / Andy Williams - Where do I begin (Love Story) / Barry Manilow - I write the songs / Barry Manilow - Mandy / Beatles - Yesterday / Billy Joel - Honesty / Billy Joel - Movin' out (Anthony's song) / Billy Joel - My life / Billy Ocean - Red light spells danger / Billy Ocean - Suddenly / Blue - All rise / Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band - Against the wind / Bobby Vee - Take good care of my baby / Bobby Vee - The night has a thousand eyes / Boz Scaggs - Fly like a bird / Boz Scaggs - Look what you've done to me / Boz Scaggs - Sierra / Bread - The guitar man / Bread - Everything I own / Bread - Make it with you / Brook Benton - A rainy night in Georgia / Casuals - Jesamine / Charlie Rich - The most beautiful girl / Chi-Lites - Oh girl / Christie - Yellow River / Christopher Cross - Arthur's Theme (Best that you can do) / Cliff Richard & The Shadows - I could easily fall / Cliff Richard - We don't talk anymore / Commodores - Easy (like Sunday morning) / Commodores - Nightshift / Commodores - Sail on / Commodores - Still / Curtis Stigers - You're all that matters to me / Danny and The Juniors - At the Hop / David Gray - Babylon / David Soul - Don't give up on us / David Soul - Silver lady / Dawn - Candida / Dawn - Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree / Del Amitri - Always the last to Know / Del Shannon - Runaway / Detroit Spinners - Ghetto child / Detroit Spinners - Working my way back to you-Forgive me girl / Dobie Gray - Drift away / Dobie Gray - Out on the floor / Don Henley - The last worthless evening / Don McLean - American pie / Don McLean - Vincent / Don Williams - I recall a gypsy woman / Dr Hook and The Medicine Show - Sylvia's mother / Dr Hook - When you're in love with a beautiful woman / Drifters - Like sister and brother / Drifters - Saturday night at the movies / Drifters - Save the last dance for me / Drifters - Under the boardwalk / Drifters - Up on the roof / Drifters - You're more than a number in my little red book / Eagles - Desperado / Eagles - Lyin' eyes / Eagles - New kid in town / Eagles - Peaceful easy feeling / Eagles - Take it easy / Eagles - Tequila Sunrise / Eagles - Wasted time / Eddie and the Hot Rods - Do anything you wanna do / Eden Kane - Well I ask you / Elton John - Candle in the wind / Elton John - Daniel / Engelbert Humperdinck - The last Waliz / Elvis Presley - Guitar man / Elvis Presley - Hound dog / Elvis Presley - In the Ghetto / Everly Brothers - So sad (to watch good love go bad) / Fantastics - Something old something new / Foreigner - Cold as ice / Foreigner - Waiting for a girl like you / Foundations - Baby now that I've found you / Four Tops - If I were a carpenter / Four Tops - Walk away Renee / Frank Sinatra - Come fly with me / Frank Sinatra - Let me try again / Frank Sinatra - My way / Frank Sinatra - Somethin' stupid / Frank Sinatra - Strangers in the night / Frank Sinatra - New York / Frank Wilson - Do I love you (indeed I do) / Frankie Valli - Grease / George Michael - Careless whisper / Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street / George Ezra - Blame it on me / George Ezra - Budapest / George Jones - A good year for the roses / Glen Campbell - By the time I get to Phoenix / Glen Campbell - Galveston / Glen Campbell - Rhinestone cowboy / Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman / Gordon Lightfoot - If you could read my mind / Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown / Hollies - He ain't heavy he's my brother / James Taylor - Fire and rain / James Taylor - You've got a friend / James Taylor - Sweet baby James / Jeff Beck - Hi-ho silver lining / Jeffrey Osborne - On the wings of love / Jigsaw - Sky high / Jim Diamond - I should have known better / Jim Reeves - He'll have to go / Jim Reeves - Welcome to my world / Jimmy Ruffin - What becomes of the broken hearted / Joe Dolan - Make me an island / John Denver - Annie's song / John Denver - Take me home country roads / John Denver - Rocky Mountain high / John Holt - Help me make it through the night / John Lennon - Imagine / Johnny Logan - What's another year / Johnny Tillotson - Poetry in motion / Jose Feliciano - Light my fire / Joshua Kadison - Jessie / Junior Walker and The All-Stars - What does it take (to win your love) / Kenny Rogers - Lucille / Kenny Rogers - The gambler / Kenny Rogers - Ruby don't take your love to town / Lee Greenwood - Wind beneath my wings / Len Barry - 1-2-3 / Leo Sayer - More than I can say / Lindisfarne - Run for home / Lionel Richie - All night long (all night) / Lionel Richie - Hello / Lobo - Me and you and a dog named Boo / Long John Baldry - Let the heartaches begin / Lou Rawls - You'll never find another love like mine / Love Affair - A day without love / Love Affair - Bringing on back the good times / Love Affair - Everlasting love / Lovin' Spoonful - Summer in the city / Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis / Marmalade - Cousin Norman / Marmalade - Ob-la-di ob-la-da / Marmalade - Rainbow / Marmalade - Reflections of my life / Marvin Gaye - Abraham Martin and John / Marvin Gaye - Wherever I lay my hat / Matthews Southern Comfort - Woodstock / Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Davy's on the road again / Merle Haggard - Okie from Muskogee / Michael Bolton - How am I supposed to live without you / Mike and The Mechanics - The living years / Monkees - Daydream believer / Morris Albert - Feelings / Nat King Cole - Unforgettable / Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose / Nat King Cole - L.O.V.E. / Nat King Cole - Those lazy hazy crazy days of Summer / Nat King Cole - When I fall in love / Nat King Cole - Mona Lisa / Nazareth - Broken down Angel / Ned Miller - From a Jack to a King / Neil Diamond - Forever in blue jeans / Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline / Neil Young - Heart of gold / Nilsson - Everybody's talkin' / Nilsson - Without you / Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the sky / O.C. Smith - The son of Hickory Holler's tramp / O'Jays - Love train / Partridge Family - I think I love you / Perry Como - And I love you so / Perry Como - It's impossible / Peter And Gordon - World without love / Peter Skellern - You're a lady / Randy Vanwarmer - Just when I needed you most / R.E.M. - Losing my religion / Real Thing - Can't get by without you / Real Thing - You to me are everything / Richard Marx - Right here waiting / Righteous Brothers - Unchained melody / Robbie Williams - Angels / Roger Whittaker - New world in the morning / Roy Orbison - Penny Arcade / Roy Orbison - You got it / Rupert Holmes - Him / Sandy Coast - The eyes of Jenny / Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (be sure to wear some flowers in your hair) / Scott Walker - Joanna / Sherbet - Howzat / Simply Red - Holding back the years / Spinners - Working my way back to you / Stealer's Wheel - Stuck in the middle with you / Steve Houghton - Wind beneath my wings / Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra / Stevie Wonder - I just called to say I love you / Stevie Wonder - Yester-me yester-you yesterday / Stylistics - Betcha by golly wow / Stylistics - Can't give you anything (but my love) / Stylistics - You make me feel brand new / Styx - Babe / Tams - Hey girl don't bother me / Tavares - Dont take away the music / Temptations - Just my imagination / Temptations - My girl / Temptations - Since I lost my Baby / Ten Sharp - You / Terry Jacks - Seasons in the sun / The Box Tops - The letter / Thin Lizzy - Whiskey in the jar / Tom Jones - Delilah / Tom Jones - Green green grass of home / Tom Jones - I'll never fall in love again / Tom Jones - It's not unusual / Tommy Roe - Dizzy / Tony Christie - Is this the way to Amarillo / Toto - Africa / Toto - I won't hold you back / Toto - Rosanna / Turtles - Happy together / Union Gap feat. Gary Pucket - This girl is a woman now / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Lady willpower / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Over you / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Woman woman / Union Gap ft. Gary Puckett - Young girl / Van Morrison - Brown eyed girl / Walker Brothers - The sun ain't gonna shine any more / Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson - Luckenbach Texas / Wham - Careless whisper / Young Rascals - Groovin' / Zager and Evans - In the year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) / Zombies - Time of the season /
- What other services to you provide?I sing, I DJ, I have a Karaoke and I also do some stand-up comedy, too. I'm also able to deliver your speeches if required.
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?Yes, no problem. If it's a request for a 'live' song I would need one week's notice. If it's a song or songs for the disco and in the unlikely event that I don't have them, 2-3 days notice is sufficient.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?As a singer, I usually take just one 15 minute break, in between sets. As a DJ/Karaoke DJ, I take breaks when I can but, the music doesn't stop. I'm very flexible so, 'bingo-sessions' in clubs etc. are taken into account.
- How much space do you require?I try to always work with the space allocated. In smaller bars and restaurants, I need a very small space, that's all.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes. Given a week's notice, I'll be able to do your 'special' song.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes. Given a week's notice, I'll be able to do your song.
- What style of music do you offer?As a singer, absolutely ALL STYLES apart from Rap. As a DJ I cover all styles in my Disco song-collection. As a DJ/Karaoke DJ, I keep my music up-to-date to within say two months +/- so, I should have virtually anything you ask for. :-)
- Is it possible to request something that's not in the repertoire?As a singer, yes, no problem. I would need a minimum of one week's notice to learn the song/s. As a DJ, I need just a little notice to be able to get hold of any song/s I possibly may not have although, that's unlikely?
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. I have a large PA for the bigger venues and a small system for bars and restaurants. The smaller one takes just 5 minutes to set up and takes up very little space. Both rigs sound absolutely superb. My Disco has its own lighting-system.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Bars, Pubs, Restaurants, Clubs, Engagements, Weddings, Birthday Parties and all private functions.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes.
I sing hits from the following artists:
George Ezra, Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, Nat King Cole, Glen Campbell, Kenny Rogers, The Eagles, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Boz Scaggs, Bread...