My name is Jacob Forsyth-Davies, I am a photographer and videographer with over 8 years of experience.
Over those years I have had the pleasure of covering dozens of balls, birthdays, galas, ceilidhs, and celebrations, as well as more unusual events, including fire festivals, placemaking workshops, food tastings, and many more.
In any event, telling the story of the event is critical to how I work, from start to finish. Whether they are small shared moments, the time going into preparation, or a big speech or performance, my goal is to make sure everything is captured in an honest, high-quality manner. With a focus on capturing authentic moments and providing unobtrusive coverage, the event will be the best it can be, and so can the photography.
Laurence Pigott, Content and Communications Officer at Bloodwise• May 15, 2019
Jacob was prompt and professional, and diligently got to work capturing our event without any fuss. A real pleasure to work with.
Matt Prichard• Jan. 28, 2019
Jacob did the photos for an event I attended. The photos were fantastic, really natural and candid. Jacob was really unobtrusive and friendly. Really happy with the pictures.
Jadine, Braw Bloggers Events• Jan. 21, 2019
Fantastic, I cannot praise Jacob anymore, we hosted our 4th event and he was fab, grabbing excellent images for our brands supplying products, as well as super fast with presenting the outcome after the event! Will defo be working with him again! Thanks so much!
Kristjan Erik Liive, Estonian Society• Dec. 4, 2018
Jacob was photographing our society event and the pictures were one of the best I've seen during the 3 years I have been involved! He is able to capture the genuine emotions and vibe as well as finds unique perspectives that make the photos stand out. Recommend!!
Lauren Bunnage• Nov. 25, 2018
Jacob photographed our engagement party after I was let down last minute. He was so professional and totally blended into the party, we felt so comfortable! The photos are gorgeous, they are all so natural and really capture the party. Nothing was too much trouble and he got the photos to us really quickly Thank you so much Jacob! I cannot recommend enough!
Eszter Simor, News from Home Film Festival• Nov. 12, 2018
It was a great experience working together with Jacob. He photographed two events at our News From Home Film Festival. Jacob was super nice, very responsive to messages and the photos were truly professional and we received them very quickly! He really helped us create a more professional look to our events and the photos had great responses on social media. I truly recommend working together with Jacob!
Services From JFD Media
- What services do you offer?A wide range of Photography and Videography services, specialising in Event and Wedding work
- What style of photos do you take?Although it depends on the type of event and what the client is looking for, I tend to photograph an even mixture of candid, unscripted moments and posed or planned images, as well as the details of the event that make it unique.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?I use Adobe Lightroom Galleries to provide images unless otherwise requested, as it allows for easy sharing, high-quality images, and plenty of customisation options to allow for the presentation to look as professional as possible.
- Do you send all the photos taken?Unless specifically requested I only send a curated selection of the photographs covering the event honestly and evenly, for a few reasons. The primary reason is that there will be many photographs very similar, or of a similar subject. There is no need to have fifteen images of specific decoration when I can find the best one for you instead. Another reason, is that it is generally not practical to send and store often over a thousand raw images. Finally, when covering fast-paced events such as ceilidh's, I will focus on capturing the action, rather than being modest with the amount of photographs I take, and this can often result in hundreds of files to sort through in the effort to get only a few dozen images.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?In the very unlikely event (it hasn't happened yet) that I am unable to attend an event due to unforeseen circumstances, I will get in touch with several photographers of at least equal quality and experience, so that one of them may attend the event in my place at no extra cost, or offer a full refund as an alternative.
- How Quickly will the Photographs / Video come back?Typically I will have all the photographs edited, finished, and sent within 24 hours of the event. In busier periods this may not always be possible, but I can guarantee the finished photographs will be delivered within 72 hours. Video work is more variable and depends on the individual project, but I can give you a better estimation in discussing the video with you.
- Do you have Insurance?I am fully insured, including equipment, liability, and indemnity insurance.
- What if your camera breaks?I have a full back-up kit with me, including a spare camera body, alternative lenses, backup batteries, memory cards, and more. My camera records to two memory cards at once to provide maximum safety, and my hard drive holding the images is backed up weekly.