J - Soul are a 2 - 6 piece group formed up of some of London's most exciting players, fronted by world class Canadian multi instrumentalist Selena Evangeline.
J - Soul are a result of natural comings together of professional musicians. Professionals in both music and entertainment, the LJSO have been entertaining international crowds from Shanghai to Hong Kong, Stockholm to Los Angeles and Edinburgh to London.
Take a step back in time with the J - Soul as they walk you through their beautifully balanced repertoire from the likes of Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Ella Fitzgerald and the current Gregory Porter.
The bands roots run deep and true, not just scholars of some of the UKs most prestigious music schools but professionals in their own right. The groups individual professional experiences has seen them perform with the likes of; Gary Barlow | Taio Cruz | Sheila E | Patrice Rushen | Jocelyn Brown | Maksim Mrvica | Girls Aloud | The Nylons | Delta Goodrem | I...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Depending on how many sets J - soul will play, however the band will usaully take one break between a standard 2 X 45 minute set allowing them to refocus to come back on refreshed once again.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes. If J - soul are informed at the earliest point of what song it is you would like then there is a likely chance the band will be able to rehearse it ready for your event.
- How much space do you require?Space depends on what lineup has been hired however the band are versatile and happy to squeeze a little tight if necessary. Duo - 2 X 2 metres Trio - 4 x 2 metres Quartet - 4 X 3 metres 6 Piece - 5 X 3 metres
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. All equipment and persons are insured.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes J - Soul have there own PA but for timing logistics we recommend that the event hire one prior to the bands arrival to save on set up time. This has proved to helpful and has kept events on schedule.
- How long do you play for?The standard set for J - Soul is 2 X 45 minutes, however additional time can be added in 15 minute extras 'instalments' for a small extra fee.
- How can event planners pay for your services?S - Soul accept BACs transfer, Cheque and Cash.
- Who are your previous clients?Mal Maison Hotels Planet Manna Magdalen College The Savoy The Dorchester W Hotels
- What kind of events do you usually serve?J - Soul play an array of events each year ranging from Corporate, Weddings, Parties, Events Ceremonies to background music in Restaurants.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:A highly professional 2 - 6 piece Londonbased Jazz Soul band
Services and Set ups:
To an extent J - Soul can alter their lineup for your needs.
Duo - (1)Vocals + Piano | (2)Piano + Double Bass |
Trio - (1)Vocals + Piano + Double...