J Mack Band
J Mack band are an all live 7 piece band with horn section (trumpet and tenor saxophone), female lead vocals and male backing/lead vocals producing a huge authentic sound across a wide range of styles from Motown to current chart hits, Ceilidh included (with accordion & caller) but optional, DJ option on request, various daytime music service options (subject to availability). All PA and stage lighting is included, equipment fully PAT tested and we have public liability insurance. We are open to requests and can learn up to 2 new songs per booking. Our aim is to keep your dance floor jumping all night and make it a night your guests will never forget!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:J Mack Band are a versatile 7-piece function band of highly professional experienced musicians available for weddings, birthdays and corporate events.
- What are the highlights of your career?We've played virtually all the most popular wedding venues in Scotland, and many large corporate events too, and take pride in the consistent great response and rave reviews from our clients and their guest!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?100% live, highly experienced and professional musicians, female and male vocals with live horn section enables us to tackle pretty any style/song you can think of all with a huge authentic sound.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Mostly weddings and corporate events but also smaller scale birthday parties and university/school/college balls and xmas/end-of-term parties.
- Who are your previous clients?Mostly private clients but also RCS (The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland), B.E.N (the automotive industry charity) and Glasgow City Council.
- How can event planners pay for your services?BACS bank transfer, details supplied after quote accepted.
- How long do you play for?Standard set 8pm to midnight (4 hours) with a 30 minute break.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?Yes. We provide all PA and lighting (fully PAT tested), with sound engineer included for larger venues.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes. As Musicians Union members we are covered by their £10m of Public Liability Insurance and all our equipment is fully PAT tested.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, given adequate advanced notice (2 months usually) to arrange the music and rehearse to our usual high standard. In the event you'd rather have the original version for your first dance we'd be happy to provide a connection to our PA system to play it from an mp3/phone etc.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?One 30 minute break, usually at a time that suits the client and caterers for the buffet break, during which we'll put on some low volume background music.
Our repertoire is always growing but see the list below for examples.
We will learn you first dance/s (with adequate notice for rehearsal), Ceilidh with all the popular dances included as standard (b...