Hessle Ceilidh Band are based in the East Riding of Yorkshire near Hull. We are a five piece band including a dance caller. We play whistle, fiddles, recorders, melodeon, guitar, bass, piano, bagpipes, hurdy-gurdy and various percussion. Our gigs are vibrant and fun – but not for the faint of heart who don’t like a good old knees up!
Whatever the event, be it a Ceilidh or Barn Dance we have a vast amount of music that will create the right feel good factor for your event ranging from Scottish, Irish, European, Medieval and the traditional music of England.
But the band is only half the story – the other half is the caller – the person who shouts the moves out and guides you through the dances – we are really lucky to work with an exceptional caller who is full of energy and can get people up and enjoying themselves in no time – the dances are fantastic and really help to build a party atmosphere.
Our caller knows loads of amazing dances that are really great fun – has also been known to throw in the occasional story and exceptionally funny jokes to give the dancers time to rest and catch their breath.
- What are the highlights of your career?Every time we play - we love it!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, parties,community events and concerts.
- Who are your previous clients?Private individuals, companies.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?We have public liability insurance and our PA system is fully PAT tested.
- How much space do you require?An area no less than 4meters by 3 meters
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes we will!
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?A break in the middle of the evening - usually a buffet happens at this time
- Do you do open-air acts?Yes with a PA or unamplified.
- How long is the act?We usually fill an evening or afternoon 2 x 1 hour sets with break in the middle.
- What other services to you provide?PA hire for disco if required after we have finished playing for an extra £50
2 x sets of traditional music for a great Yorkshire knees up - a cornucopia of English, French, Irish and Scottish for your delectation and delight!