Experienced London based acoustic cello, vocal and piano duo, playing relaxing Jazz and pop standards to give any event a sprinkle of class. Perfect for background at weddings, events or private parties.
Mark• Sept. 21, 2019
Great music and great people. Would definitely recommend!!!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Sultry acoustic jazz piano duo with vocals and strings
- What are the highlights of your career?As a duo: (2016) Tour in India with Rhythms of Rajasthan. (2018) Duo Residency at Tertia Sensu Granada, Spain. Before forming their duo Nina Plapp trained classically at Trinity college of Music, London. Since graduating she has performed with major international artists including Rox, Angie Brown (Fatboy Slim, Bizarre inc.), and Alison David (Red Snapper), and has supported The Charlatans. She spent a year on tour with Canto pop star Alan Tam, selling out stadiums around Asia and Australia. She has been featured as a soloist live on both MBC1 with her "electric cello loops" and BBC Radio 4 on "Midweek." She has played at many big events such as the Dubai World Cup and festivals all over the Middle East, Europe and Asia. In 2016 she made a BBC musical radio documentary about Indian music which you can listen to here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04d02db Pianist - George Bone has been playing the piano since the age of six. At eighteen, he moved to London and quickly established himself on the jazz scene, headlining at the famous Ronnie Scotts, 606 Club and Pizza Express Soho among others. A versatile accompanist and arranger, George has toured around Europe lending his talent to a variety of singer/songwriters, function bands and tribute acts whilst performing at high-end engagements for the likes of the Prince Philip, Tony Blair and Mick Jagger. George has a passion for composition and his original music has been featured in many productions, including a feature-length cinema release from Film Four.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We have a unique sound as a combination of jazz piano and cello playing everything from contemporary pop to jazz standards . A vocal duo that features cello string backings. Or a purely instrumental jazz/light cocktail music.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Weddings, corporate events, background music for restaurants, high end shops and hotels.
- Who are your previous clients?Rhythms of Rajasthan, Patron (Kilburn), El Higo, Tertia Sensu...
- How can event planners pay for your services?Via paypal, cash, bank transfer
- How long do you play for?from 1 - 4 hours
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No lighting but have Amps
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?As we are mainly acoustic, no.
- How much space do you require?Enough room for a keyboard
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, if given with advance notice
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually do 45 min sets and 15 mins break. But can run through for 1.30 if needed.
Vocal/Piano duo - pop and jazz sets, Cello/Piano duo - mix of vocals and strings with piano.
For Weddings - bespoke compositions and songs available.
Someone Like You - Adele
Stand By Me - Ben E. King
All Of You - John Legend
Blame It On The Boogie - Jackson Five Human Nature - Michael Jackson
Lady (Hear Me Tonight) - Modjo
Ain’t Nobody - Chaka Khan
Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
My Way - Frank Sinatra
Lovely Day - Bill Withers
Ain’t No Sunshine - Bill Withers
Just The Two Of Us - Bill Withers
Don’t Know Why - Norah Jones
Come Away With Me - Norah Jones
God Only Knows - Beach Boys
Shape Of My Heart - Sting
Fields Of Gold - Sting
Every Breath You Take - Sting
Despacito - Luis Fonso
Livin La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Killing Me Softly - Roberta Flack / Fugees
My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
Isn’t She Lovely - Stevie Wonder
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Happy - Pharrell
Get Lucky - Pharrell / Daft Punk
It’s A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
Peel Me A Grape - Diana Krall
Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
Moondance - Van Morrison
Sunny - Bobby Hebb
The Look Of Love - Dusty Springfield
Walk On By - Dionne Warwick
Sitting On The Dock Of Bay - Otis Redding Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
American Boy - Estelle
I’m Not In Love - 10cc
Can’t Buy Me Love - The Beatles
Yesterday - The Beatles
Imagine - John Lennon
Virtual Insanity - Jamiroquai
You’ve Got A Friend - James Taylor / Carole King
If I Ain’t Got You - Alicia Keys Don’t Stop Believing - Journey Shape Of You - Ed Sheeran Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran September - Earth Wind & Fire Angels - Robbie Williams
Night And Day
In A Sentimental Mood Mack The Knife Summertime
Girl From Ipanema
My Funny Valentine
Why Don’t You Do Right?
Cry Me a River
Stella By Starlight
I’ve Got You Under My Skin Quiet Nights
Pick Yourself Up
Don’t Get Around Much Anymore Shiny Stockings
On The Street Where You Live Lover Man
What Is This Thing Called Love Here’s That Rainy Day
Have You Met Miss Jones
I’ll Remember April
How High The Moon
Softly As In A Morning Sunrise Affirmation
I Got Rhythm
Take The A Train
My Heart Will Go On (Titanic) Amelie Theme
Let It Go (Frozen)
Game Of Thrones
Somewhere Over The Rainbow Beauty And The Beast
Linus And Lucy (Charlie Brown)