Guy Wah Photography
An Event Photographer with event management empathy - reducing your stress!
Before becoming a photographer, I co-ordinated, administrated and delivered everything from conference to training seminars, and from concerts to theatre shows. It's this intricate knowledge of being on both sides of the lens that enables me to provide an efficient and opportunistic service - I'll get the candid shots that others may miss, because I can anticipate where I need to be for what's coming next!
- What services do you offer?Event photography - general (indoor & outdoor), conferences & workshops, networking events, training seminars, parties, comedy gigs, other nightlife. Please note that I do not cover weddings.
- What style of photos do you take?My shooting style is dynamic and candid. I look for the moments of real emotion, which I supplement with standard posed shots if required. I offer a range of edits - naturalistic, high contrast, hyper-realistic, and cinematic. Samples can be provided as illustrations and I will only complete the editing of the images after agreeing a suitable style with you. I'm happy to advise you on this decision as certain events lend themselves better to different editing styles.
- What kind of technology do you use?I use Fujifilm and Canon cameras.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?A private gallery is available to review images before completion. This can be made public, or restricted to those only with the URL, whenever you feel appropriate.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?It depends on the event. Most event photographs will usually be processed within two working days. I can work to most deadlines and this will be agreed at the time of booking.
- Do you send all the photos taken?When shooting hundreds of images in a dynamic environment, it's inevitable that many will be out of focus, unflattering or just plain uninteresting! Employing a professional photographer means that a degree of quality control is exercised before the images reach you. For this reason, not all images will be sent.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I work alone, though I have a strong network of professional contacts to reach out to should an extra pair of hands be required.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?In the case of unforeseen circumstances I will do everything in my power to ensure that the quality of your event photography is not affected. I have a small network of trustworthy professional colleagues that I can call upon to take my place.
Event photography (general - indoors and out)
Conferences & workshops
Networking events & business shows
Parties, comedy gigs, concerts, theatre shows and other nightlife