Guy Wah Photography
An Event Photographer with event management empathy - reducing your stress!
Before becoming a photographer, I co-ordinated, administrated and delivered everything from conference to training seminars, and from concerts to theatre shows. It's this intricate knowledge of being on both sides of the lens that enables me to provide an efficient and opportunistic service - I'll get the candid shots that others may miss, because I can anticipate where I need to be for what's coming next!
Before your event: we'll have a brief conversation about what sort of images you want to obtain. For example: Are there any specific shots you want? Any conflicts in scheduling that mean I should be in one place rather than the other? Is there anyone you'd rather I didn't photograph?
On the day of your event: I'll turn up early, scout the venue for the best shooting positions and work out the routes between event areas. I'll stay out of your way as much as possible, and I'll take responsibility for coordinating any shots you have requested, including locating the individuals concerned. I'll be as discrete as possible, while also remaining friendly and approachable to guests and delegates. Upon request I can send a limited number of photographs to you throughout the day.
After your event: I'll send you an downloadable online gallery of photographs within 48 working hours, including a link to order prints. The gallery can be customised so that delegates are able to view but not download the images, and changes can be made before sending the gallery public.
"Guy… is ever the professional providing excellent service and contact throughout and the photos he produced were of such an excellent standard that I’ve since been recommending him to everyone and anyone." - David Middleton (Bewilder Box / Escape Room Industry Conference)
"The photos were beyond our wildest expectations. The after-event service too was top notch. We would not hesitate to recommend Guy Wah Photography." - Kaye Freeman (Andromeda Talent / Sussex Comedian of the Year Final)
- What services do you offer?Event photography - general (indoor & outdoor), conferences & workshops, networking events, training seminars, parties, comedy gigs, other nightlife. Please note that I do not cover weddings.
- What style of photos do you take?My shooting style is dynamic and candid. I look for the moments of real emotion, which I supplement with standard posed shots if required. I offer a range of edits - naturalistic, high contrast, hyper-realistic, and cinematic. Samples can be provided as illustrations and I will only complete the editing of the images after agreeing a suitable style with you. I'm happy to advise you on this decision as certain events lend themselves better to different editing styles.
- What kind of technology do you use?I use Fujifilm and Canon cameras.
- Do you offer any tool to display the photos online?A private gallery is available to review images before completion. This can be made public, or restricted to those only with the URL, whenever you feel appropriate.
- What's the delivery time for photographic report?It depends on the event. Most event photographs will usually be processed within two working days. I can work to most deadlines and this will be agreed at the time of booking.
- Do you send all the photos taken?When shooting hundreds of images in a dynamic environment, it's inevitable that many will be out of focus, unflattering or just plain uninteresting! Employing a professional photographer means that a degree of quality control is exercised before the images reach you. For this reason, not all images will be sent.
- Do you work alone or do you have a team of professionals?I work alone, though I have a strong network of professional contacts to reach out to should an extra pair of hands be required.
- In case of unforeseen circumstances, do you have a replacement photographer?In the case of unforeseen circumstances I will do everything in my power to ensure that the quality of your event photography is not affected. I have a small network of trustworthy professional colleagues that I can call upon to take my place.
Event photography (general - indoors and out)
Conferences & workshops
Networking events & business shows
Parties, comedy gigs, concerts, theatre shows and other nightlife