Gus is a skilled & experienced piper available for hire for weddings & events throughout Highland, Moray & Aberdeenshire and ideally located for Inverness, Nairn, Forres, Elgin, Keith & Huntly. You can be sure Gus the Piper will add that special touch to your occasion.
Gus was brilliant, we were undecided on the day on the exact timings and order of the piping but he took it in his stride and got us well organised. The quality of the pipes was fantastic and we really appreciated the couple extra tunes he played after the ceremony. Gus is a really nice guy and a top piper, we would highly recommend his services!!
Hi Gus, We have just arrived back from our honeymoon. Just wanted to drop you a short note to say thank you again for your fantastic piping at our wedding. It was very kind of you to make the effort to travel at such short notice and you helped make the atmosphere special for us all. Many of our guests (particularly the American contingent) commented that it was a great accompaniment to the day and your piping really made an impression at dinner! All best wishes,
Dear Gus, We are so grateful for the extra efforts you put in learning the Norwegian wedding march. Our family and friends still talk about it! We couldnt have asked for a better piper for our wedding, it was absolutely perfect!
Thank you for providing excellent service and for going the extra mile to make our wedding special! All the best wishes.
Gus was absolutely incredible!!! He was kind, punctual, and extremely talented! We had to ask Gus to be a witness for our wedding and he kindly obliged. We appreciated his fantastic attitude, helpfulness, and flexibility on our big day. We also greatly appreciated his time and immense talent. Everyone should hire Gus if they want a talented, dependable, kind, and generous Piper. Thank you, Gus!!
Gus was wonderful entertainment for our small festive dinner. Gus was available on short notice thankfully and very well priced
- At a wedding, when do you usually conclude your piping duties?I usually finish when the bride & groom are seated at the wedding meal.
- At a wedding, when do you usually play?I usually play for about half an hour to welcome the guests arriving for the ceremony, pipe for the arrival of bride, lead the bride up the aisle at the start of the ceremony, lead the bride & groom down the aisle at the conclusion of the ceremony, and lead the bridal party into the reception.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually no breaks.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Almost certainly yes.
- How long do you play for?Usually up to half an hour at a time.
Flower of Scotland
Skye Boat Song
The Gael (Last of the Mohicans)
For the love of a princess (Braveheart)
Scotland the Brave