We pride ourselves in offering delicious, quality, speciality burgers: wild boar, buffalo, venison with buffalo, lamb, and of course beef. These are made by a butcher in Dorset using meat sourced as locally as possible. We serve them in baps made by an artisan baker near Bruton with locally made chutneys and a Somerset cheese slice.
For weddings and parties, we are flexible in what we can offer, including vegetarian and gluten free. We can also travel to other parts of the country. Please discuss your requirements with us.
Liz Whetmore• 1 Jul 2017
"Liz Wetmore. BBQ for 60 1st July
Many many thanks for all your hard work Saturday. ! I've had so many lovely comments about the food you provided. ( and I totally agree it was amazing!!) . I will be so pleased to pass your contact to anyone who asks. You played a huge part in making our evening such a success."
Helen• 3 Jun 2017
The communication was first rate. I looked at a variety of outside catering suppliers and wanted to be able to make an input into the menu. I was able to do this and also had confidence in the providence of the meat/poultry (nothing frozen) all from local butcher. I felt confident in the service because communication was so good. On the day, very friendly service and all our guests (65) commented on the excellence of the food. We provided our own salads and desserts so it was good to have this f...
Dawn. Wessex Cancer• 29 Oct 2017
"29th October. Charity Event for Wessex Cancer
Great tastes were a perfect fit for our sponsored running event. All the participants made a point how much they liked the food and the prices were spot on. They provide a wide range of different meats which I think made them extra special. Zelda was very easy to work with and made my job as event Manger much easier on the day. Dawn at Wessex Cancer Trust."
Kay• 14 May 2017
Great Tastes very happily took on the challenge of catering for my husband's 60th birthday party for 40 guests in a private wood. Tricky access, no running water, mud, likelihood of more rain - etc. To say they rose to the challenge was an understatement! They were calm, efficient and professional throughout all the logistical problems of transporting their equipment, setting up and packing up.. The food they produced was absolutely superb with ALL of our guests thoroughly enjoying everything on...
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?No.
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?NO.
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?NO.
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?BBQ.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Yes. If you ask we are very happy to try and fulfil all your requirements for your event.
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?No.
- Is communication with Great Tastes quck and easy.The answer is a definite YES. I always reply to clients as soon as possible. Usually within an hour and often faster. We believe that easy, fast, open communication is essential to a happy client and event.
- What is included in the menu?Speciality Burgers. BBQ marinated shoulder of lamb. Pork tenderloin. Chicken wings. Chipolata sausages. Vegetarian options:- Halloumi and roasted vegetables. Spicy bean burgers. Vegetarian kebabs.
- Do you offer special menus?We can, so please ask and we will see if we can organise it.
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?Delicious BBQ cuisine.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Yes.
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?No
- What services do you offer?BBQ with salads, bread, a wide range of sauces.
BBQ and gazebo. Fully independent so no water or electricity is required.
If there are any services you would like for your party then please ask.