A small band with big sound and a proven track record! Essence won the 2013 Wedding Industry Award for 'Best live wedding entertainment' (East of England) and won the 2013 'Best live wedding act' in the Essex Wedding Awards. They were finalists in 2014/15. Their huge mixed repertoire keeps everyone dancing and their hundreds of thank you letters proves they always exceed expectations.
They perform 3x 45-minute live sets plus DJ in-between giving you the best of both worlds. Their high quality sound and lighting/laser equipment heightens the atmosphere and you won't see another live music duo provide you with such an impressive set-up. With experience of performing at over 1650 weddings with a 100% reliability track record, you and your guests can be guaranteed a great party to remember.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Award winning, fully professional live party duo for weddings and events.
- What are the highlights of your career?Winning both the Wedding Industry Award's Regional Final "Best Wedding Live Entertainment" and the "Best Live Act" in the Essex Wedding Awards in the same year (2013).
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?Singer has vocal coached Girl's Aloud. We DJ in-between live sets. 100% reliability track record of 1650+ weddings Fully rehearsed stand-ins in case of illness. Fully professional (allows us to take music to a higher level) Never use lyrics on stage
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Anywhere where there's a mixed audience that love dancing! 90% of our demand is for weddings with the remainder being birthday parties, company functions, Christmas Parties etc.
- Who are your previous clients?Hundreds of happy Brides and Grooms, Waitrose, Deloitte, Barclays, Debenhams, The Ministry of Defence, British Army Bases in Germany, Jobserve, Ford, Peugeot, Citroen, Tower of London, Dorchester Hotel, Hilton Hotels, The Tussaud's Group, Doctor Martens.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Ideally balance via BACS transfer 2 weeks prior to the function date. Cheque if received 3 weeks in advance.
- How long do you play for?Typically we perform for 3 sets of 45 minutes and there is NO NEED TO BOOK A DJ as I jump straight on the decks in-between live sets.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?All our lighting is pre-programmed per song so we can set beautiful scenes for the first dance with washes of mood lighting and later build excitement for up-tempo songs with lasers and effects. We have several sound systems to suit the venue.
- How much space do you require?Ideally 5 metres wide by 3 metres deep for maximum effect but we are able to scale down and squeeze into 3 metres wide by 2 deep. We can go smaller if we lose some of the lighting and use a smaller sound system but we're not a 'small' act.
Rather Be - Clean Bandit
Happy – Pharrell Williams
Poker Face – Lady Gaga
Domino – Jessie J
Get Lucky – Daft Punk
Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
We Found Love - Rianna
Treasure - Bruno Marrs