A traditional British Brass Band - providing full concerts, after dinner entertainment or back ground music for a variety of events. The band competes at the top end of the rankings in the Championship section, but also provides regular and entertaining concerts.
Paul• Nov. 3, 2017
Terrific performance yesterday. I think the band gets better and better. Many thanks.
Sarah• Nov. 3, 2017
Thanks again for Sunday, we all really enjoyed the evening and are very honoured to have been part of it. It was lovely to see so many familiar faces from the past.
Clive• Nov. 3, 2017
"I really enjoyed yesterday's concert. The band played to its usual high standard. The weather cooperated and it was a beautiful setting although I was a little sorry for the cornet section and everyone else sat behind them who were located in the hot sun! All the soloists performed with excellence and my favourite tune ""Evergreen"" was a hit with me. Even the church bells celebrating a wedding at the nearby church were beaten into submission by the band at one point!
My wife was feeling under the weather and unfortunately had to miss the concert, but I am sure she would have enjoyed it as well. We are both looking forward now to the Holy Trinity concert. Thank you very much for a very enjoyable afternoon."
Geoff• Nov. 3, 2017
Just a quick email about the Garden Party. Whilst the numbers attending were not high it was a lovely community event in a great setting. EYMS Band were brilliant (we were close by) and the playing of the new piece 'Manchester' was very moving. What a fantastic conductor. Apologies for having to dash off at the end. We had family commitments as we do today. Many thanks for organising it and pass on our congratulations, and thanks to 'the band' again.
Denise and Steve• Nov. 3, 2017
What a super night, it was an absolute pleasure to be in the same room as so much talent. We were all very moved. See you at the City Hall.
Peter• Nov. 3, 2017
"May I thank you on behalf of Beverley Male Voice Choir for inviting us to be your guests in Hull Minster last weekend. It was an honour indeed to be asked to appear on the same stage as such an extremely accomplished and entertaining band. The pride and humour with which Stig presents soloists I thought was particularly impressive and as for your own solo, well, we couldn't take our eyes off you!
Best wishes and good luck for the future - not that a band like EYMS needs luck."
Peter and Annie• Nov. 3, 2017
"We have enjoyed the band for several years now, and have seen them achieve a greater level of performance recently. Congratulations to them all!
Last night we attended the performance at the Plowright Theatre in Scunthorpe and enjoyed it immensely. Thank you."
Clive & Maggie• Nov. 3, 2017
Just a general well done to you and Stig and the other band members for providing us with great and exciting music during the six months we are in the U.K. from March to September. Amazing how many of the band are soloists in their own right and are given the opportunities to show their expertise. We may wander down to the Old Town to be at the Streetlife Museum in September just before we leave.
We are already looking forward to 2018 and seeing the events being posted and filling up your calendar. We hope you will possibly have another Summer event at the Hull Minister again as that was particularly inspiring and pleasing to hear the band in the large and good acoustic environment. Unfortunately we miss the Carol Concert there at the end of the year and your joint concert with the Brighouse and Rastrick brass band at the City Hall in January 2018.
You are certainly up there with the big boys now and can't wait for your joint concert at the City Hall with the Black Dyke brass band.
By the way hope Stig wasn't joking about recording another CD with the band that he mentioned at your concert in Scunthorpe at the Plowright Theatre!
Best wishes for the remainder of the year and look forward to hearing you all again next year in March."
John• Nov. 3, 2017
"Really enjoyed a superb concert last night. Excellent programme especially Force of Destiny one of my favourite test pieces and the irrepressible ""Joker"" who the audience really warmed to. Looking forward to our next concert at Christmas time. Good luck for future contesting, the band seems to be in a good place at the moment. Stig rules ok!!"
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Top class brass band, described by one newspaper as 'the most entertaining brass band in the UK'.
- What are the highlights of your career?Regular performers at the Royal Albert Hall, several CD recordings including with the Beautiful South.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can tailor a programme to an individual event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Formal concerts, indoor & outdoor events.
- How can event planners pay for your services?By BACS transfer.
- How long do you play for?Generally up to two hours (with a twenty minute interval) - but this is not fixed in stone and can be tailored to an event.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No. Not usually required - if it is, then this would be discussed prior to agreeing a contract.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability insurance - PAT testing does not apply as we have no electrical equipment..
- How much space do you require?At least 10 metres by 8 metres.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Depending on the availability of the tune and copyright issues, we will endeavour to include requests.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one, of twenty minutes - but this depends on the event.
We are primarily available on weekends but occasionally on week day evenings, We are not available during working hours Monday to Friday. On occasion, we may be able to provide the option of a quintet rather than the full 28 piece band.