A traditional British Brass Band - providing full concerts, after dinner entertainment or back ground music for a variety of events. The band competes at the top end of the rankings in the Championship section, but also provides regular and entertaining concerts.
Peter and Annie• 3 Nov 2017
"We have enjoyed the band for several years now, and have seen them achieve a greater level of performance recently. Congratulations to them all!
Last night we attended the performance at the Plowright Theatre in Scunthorpe and enjoyed it immensely. Thank you."
Peter• 3 Nov 2017
"May I thank you on behalf of Beverley Male Voice Choir for inviting us to be your guests in Hull Minster last weekend. It was an honour indeed to be asked to appear on the same stage as such an extremely accomplished and entertaining band. The pride and humour with which Stig presents soloists I thought was particularly impressive and as for your own solo, well, we couldn't take our eyes off you!
Best wishes and good luck for the future - not that a band like EYMS needs luck."
Geoff• 3 Nov 2017
Just a quick email about the Garden Party. Whilst the numbers attending were not high it was a lovely community event in a great setting. EYMS Band were brilliant (we were close by) and the playing of the new piece 'Manchester' was very moving. What a fantastic conductor. Apologies for having to dash off at the end. We had family commitments as we do today. Many thanks for organising it and pass on our congratulations, and thanks to 'the band' again.
Paul• 3 Nov 2017
Terrific performance yesterday. I think the band gets better and better. Many thanks.
Sarah• 3 Nov 2017
Thanks again for Sunday, we all really enjoyed the evening and are very honoured to have been part of it. It was lovely to see so many familiar faces from the past.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?Usually one, of twenty minutes - but this depends on the event.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Depending on the availability of the tune and copyright issues, we will endeavour to include requests.
- How much space do you require?At least 10 metres by 8 metres.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Public Liability insurance - PAT testing does not apply as we have no electrical equipment..
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?No. Not usually required - if it is, then this would be discussed prior to agreeing a contract.
- How long do you play for?Generally up to two hours (with a twenty minute interval) - but this is not fixed in stone and can be tailored to an event.
- How can event planners pay for your services?By BACS transfer.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Formal concerts, indoor & outdoor events.
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?We can tailor a programme to an individual event.
- What are the highlights of your career?Regular performers at the Royal Albert Hall, several CD recordings including with the Beautiful South.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Top class brass band, described by one newspaper as 'the most entertaining brass band in the UK'.
We are primarily available on weekends but occasionally on week day evenings, We are not available during working hours Monday to Friday. On occasion, we may be able to provide the option of a quintet...