Vintage Doris - cafe caravan
Doris has been providing miles of smiles since 1967. She’s a rare and beautiful vintage food van serving local produce from here in the West Country. We are a planet friendly, ethical family business, with 3 generations all helping out to give your guests a fun and unforgettable experience.
We serve artisan coffee, fairtrade teas and organic produce sourced from our likeminded suppliers in the South West. Our love of cake means we bake it fresh, with natural flavours and no preservatives.
Sue and Dave• Aug. 18, 2018
Jayne, Donna and Doris provided a wonderful afternoon tea and sweets stand at our Golden wedding anniversary celebrations. Everything was so deliciously homemade and colourful. They took care of everything for us and even provided a last minute table service for the ‘oldies’ amongst us. So cheerful and chatty, it really made our day special and so many lovely comments. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting that extra special touch, thank you ladies!
Rosie• Aug. 26, 2018
"Wedding in Uffculme, Cullompton EX15
Such friendly people, attention to detail amazing!
5 ⭐️ stars
Coffee cart after dinner for coffee, tea and delicious espresso martinis. Came back the following morning for roast bar and proper barista coffees! (Cappuccino etc). They couldn’t have offered a better service, even coming the day before to meet us and chat through finer details. Couldn’t recommend them highly enough, one of the best aspects of our wedding weekend!"
- What services do you offer?We provide a unique mobile catering experience - specialising in organic barista coffee, Fairtrade tea and traditional homemade cake. Afternoon, high and cream tea catering as well as colourful and creative buffet catering for those special occasions: Weddings Birthdays Celebrations Parties Corporate Nostalgia Caravan / Motoring enthusiasts Charity events Festivals Breakfast bar. Light lunches, Buddha and fusion bowls. Afternoon, high and cream teas, cakes and cookies.
- Do you offer a venue for the banquet?No, we will come to you. Doris only requires a 6x4m space. Water and an electric point is favourable but not essential.
- Do you cook in the same location as the banquet?No, we prepare in our 5 star hygiene rated kitchens.
- Is it possible to adapt/modify the menu?Absolutely! we are all about mixing it up to suit you and your requirements.
- What kind of cuisine do you offer?Homemade traditional cakes Raw, vegan, and allergy friendly options. Afternoon tea High tea (more savoury options) Cream tea - all local Somerset produce Colourful and creative buffet catering, specialising in vegetarian, vegan and pescatarian.
- Do you offer special menus?We can offer a bespoke menu.
- Do you also offer a wedding cake?Yes.
- How does the open bar work?There are several options to accommodate your event from a cash service with a minimum expected spend, a fully paid service or basic hire.
- What is included in the menu?Let’s chat about it , we have a can-do attitude and aim to please.
Afternoon & cream teas
Barista coffee bar
Cupcakes & tray bakes
Cocktails & canapes
100% organic and Fairtrade coffee, freshly ground and served to you by fully trained and passionate baristas.
Plastic free, plant based disposables are the norm on board Doris with all our refuse being compostable or recyclable.
Doris can operate virtually anywhere without the need for electric hook-up or generators, by using renewable sources for our energy supply.
Fully licensed and registered with our local council. £10 million public & product liability insurance. Level 3 in Food Hygiene and Safety. We are members of the Nationwide Caterers Association. Food hygiene score 5, VERY GOOD.