We are December Showers and we are an acoustic duo!
We cover a HUGE range of songs and genres, but more importantly are happy to change our set list to suit any occasion.
Obviously we will take on any requests for specific parties if needed, but we will say that we will try the request, if it doesn't sound right, we won't perform it. We want you to enjoy our act as much as we do, so for your sake as well as ours,, we only perform to the best standard!
We do have a Facebook page and that does have a couple of videos on it! It's growing quite quickly, so upon request we can give you the link, or alternatively you can look us up.
It's hard to state what genre we actually classify as, because we are so varied, but the main thing is that they are usually well known songs. All acoustic of course, just two female singers and a guitar!
We also have a few original songs that we have written, if you're happy for us to slot a couple into the set then we'd be happy for you to...
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?This all depends on the length of the gig. Each break we take will only be for around 10-15 minutes. But the amount we take highly depends on the length of the gig. If we are doing a 2 hour gig we will likely only take 1 break. Anything longer, and we will need more breaks. Generally one short break for ever hour.
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?If you give us the request early enough we will try it for you, and let you know with a couple of weeks notice. We will only perform songs that we agree sounds good! If we try it and we don't think the audience will like it, we won't do it. But we will give you enough notice to find someone else if it's an issue.
- How much space do you require?We don't require a great deal of space as there are only two of us, but enough that we are not putting speaker directly next to people's ears!
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes we do have both!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We do have our own PA system and mics, but we do not have any lighting. If this is needed you will need to organise that yourself.
- How long do you play for?We play for a minimum or 2 hours, but the length of the gig is negotiable!
- How can event planners pay for your services?Our services will need to be paid for in cash, or a direct bank transfer. There will need to be a £70 deposit left before the gig, and if the gig is a lot further away than normal, we may ask for a slightly bigger deposit in case of an late cancelations, just to ensure our fuel costs are covered!
- Who are your previous clients?Previous clients have usually been pubs or bars. We have done a few weddings for our friends, and a few charity gigs as well!
- What is your competitive advantage (special features)?The music we play is raw and gritty. It's just us and the guitar. No special effects or anything fancy. Just raw music and we love it! You will too!
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Almost any event! Anything from pubs, bars, private parties, weddings, birthdays!
- What are the highlights of your career?We have done many paid gigs, but the highlights have to be the charity gigs we have done!
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:We are an Acoustic Duo. We are both female singers, and one of us plays guitar! We cover a huge variety of songs and genres along with some original songs that we have written!
As stated above, our set list varies from gig to gig.
The best thing to do is to get in contact, give us the details of the event you're hosting, and an idea of what you want, and we can let you kno...