I'm a Jazz vocalist that has been performing for over 10 years, in and around London professionally in various ensembles. My repertoire stretches from early 1920s right up to post modern. As well as jazz venues such as the Pheasantry in Chelsea, and Pizza Live in Soho with my quartet, there have been many great functions such as Addington Palace, Millennium Mayfair Grosvenor Hotel, to St Martins-in-the-Fields Trafalgar Square. Always professional and personable. Look forward to seeing you soon.
Charlotte Haye• 30 Jul 2016
We hired Deborah and Christian to provide some light background music for an afternoon garden party, and they were absolutely superb! Deborah has a fantastic voice and Christian is an incredibly talented guitarist. Together they create beautiful music that really made our event. Communication was easy, the price was reasonable and the performance was stunning. I would 100% recommend Deborah for any event.
“Deborah Carew has a beautiful jazz voice, think Ella, Billie & Dinah. A true lover of jazz & blues music Deborah’s sweet vocal tone lends itself beautifully to any standard. A charming singer.”
Heidi Vogel, vocalist (Cinematic Orchestra)
Krishna Sood• 20 Sep 2014
“Deborah sang at our wedding reception at the Millennium Mayfair in London. Her soulful presence and silky, lyrical voice enthralled our guests and set the perfect tone for the evening. Her live rendition of “At Last” for our first dance was breathtakingly beautiful. Many guests have commented that it was a mesmerising performance. ”
Krishna Sood, Wedding reception at Milennium Hotel, Mayfair
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?If it is 2 x 45 minute sets, then a 20 minute break. If it's 3 x 45 minutes then 30 mins break, and a further 15 minutes break after the 2nd set. Depending on the timings required on the event.
- Please, describe your act or business in on sentence:Sophisticated, professional, and always aim to provide the right atmosphere to your event.
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Corporate functions, charity event, wedding receptions, civil ceremonies.
- How can event planners pay for your services?Usually via PayPal or BACS.
- How long do you play for?Generally 2 x 45 minute sets, but that can vary depending on what the client requires.
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes to both.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?I have my own amplification but not lighting.
- What are the highlights of your career?My quartet performing at the Pizzalive in Soho, Dean Street. Supporting Julie Dexter at the Pheasantry, Kings Road, Chelsea. Running a weekly Jazz night in Blackheath for 2 years and booking such musicians as Jim Mullen, Adam Glasser, and Heidi Vogel.
Usually 2 x 45 minutes performance with a 20 minutes interval.
Repertoire consists of : Duke Ellington/Billy Strayhorn, Cole Porter, Hoagy Carmichael, George Gershwin, Fats Waller, Billie Holiday, An...