Based around the sultry and intimate vocals of Deborah Carew, this group is dedicated to evoking the atmosphere and sophistication of Swing era song! We cover the music of Cole Porter, George Gershwin, Duke Ellington, Hoagy Carmichael and the other giants of the Golden Age of popular song. Think Ella Fitzgerald, Nat 'King' Cole, Julie London and the other icons of the era.
This group is well suited to background music, for example for diners.
We can function in any line up from duo to quintet, but the basic formation is a three piece group of vocals, acoustic guitar and double bass
- What kind of events do you usually serve?Typically we serve evening social events, wedding breakfasts, corporate events and openings.
- How can event planners pay for your services?We accept payments by BACS or cash.
- How much space do you require?3 meters X 2 should be sufficient for the trio
- Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?Yes
- How long do you play for?The minimum fee would cover 3 X 45 minutes with two 15 minute breaks. For longer breaks and longer sets, the fee would be more.
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?PA is supplied, lighting available on request
- How much space do you require?For the trio 3 X 2 meters or more should be sufficient.
- How long do you play for?The minimum fee is given for 3 x 45 minute sets. Longer sets and long breaks are negotiable but will require a different fee.
- How many breaks do you take? How long are they?In general we would play 45-50 minute sets with a 15-20 minute break
- My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?Yes, given sufficient notice!
- Do you have your own PA and lighting?We have our own PA, & lighting is available on request.
It Don't Mean a Thing if It Ain't Got That Swing
In a Mellow Tone
Night and Day
I Love You
In a Sentimental Mood
Them There Eyes
and many others...
Requests available given sufficie...