Based around the sultry and intimate vocals of Deborah Carew, this group is dedicated to evoking the atmosphere and sophistication of Swing era song! We cover the music of Cole Porter, George Gershwin, Duke Ellington, Hoagy Carmichael and the other giants of the Golden Age of popular song. Think Ella Fitzgerald, Nat 'King' Cole, Julie London and the other icons of the era.
This group is well suited to background music, for example for diners.
We can function in any line up from duo to quintet, but the basic formation is a three piece group of vocals, acoustic guitar and double bass
What kind of events do you usually serve?
Typically we serve evening social events, wedding breakfasts, corporate events and openings.
How can event planners pay for your services?
We accept payments by BACS or cash.
How long do you play for?
The minimum fee is given for 3 x 45 minute sets. Longer sets and long breaks are negotiable but will require a different fee.
Do you have your own PA and lighting?
PA is supplied, lighting available on request
Do you have Public Liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment?
How much space do you require?
For the trio 3 X 2 meters or more should be sufficient.
My favourite tune is not on your list. Will you be able to play it?
Yes, given sufficient notice!
How many breaks do you take? How long are they?
In general we would play 45-50 minute sets with a 15-20 minute break
It Don't Mean a Thing if It Ain't Got That Swing
In a Mellow Tone
Night and Day
I Love You
In a Sentimental Mood
Them There Eyes
and many others...
Requests available given sufficient notice.
Full repetoire list
1. 500 Miles High - Chick Corea
2. Agua De Beber 1 - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
3. Ain't Misbehavin' - Fats Waller
4. All The Things You Are - Jerome Kern
5. Alone Together - Arthur Schwartz
6. As Time Goes By 1 - Herman Hupfeld
7. At Last - Harry Warren
8. Autumn Leaves - Joseph Kosma
9. Azure - Duke
10. Beautiful Love - Victor Young
11. Bewitched - Richard Rodgers
12. Blue Skies - Irving Berlin
13. Body And Soul 1 - Johnny Green
14. Bye Bye Blackbird 1 - Ray Henderson
15. Caravan - Duke Ellington
16. Close Your Eyes - Bernice Petkere
17. Corcovado 1 - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
18. Deed I Do - Hirsch-Rose
19. Do Nothing Til You Hear From Me - Duke Ellington
20. Feel Like Makin' Love - Eugene McDaniels
21. Fly Me To The Moon - Bart Howard
22. Gee Baby, Ain't I Good To You - Don Redman
23. The Gentle Rain - Luiz Bonfa
24. The Girl From Ipanema - Antonio-Carlos Jobim
25. God Bless The Child 1 - Herzog-Holiday
26. Honeysuckle Rose - Fats Waller
27. How Long Has This Been Going On? - George Gershwin
28. I Get Along Without You - Hoagy Carmichael
29. I Love You - Cole Porter
30. I Want To Be Happy - Vincent Youmans
31. I'm Beginning To See The Light - Hodges-James-Ellington
32. I've Got The World On A String - Harold Arlen
33. In A Mellow Tone (In A Mellotone) - Duke Ellington
34. In a Sentimental Mood - Duke Ellington
35. It Don't Mean A Thing 1 - Duke Ellington
36. Love For Sale - Cole Porter
37. Lover Man - Davis-Ramirez-Sherman
38. Lullaby Of Birdland 1 - George Shearing
39. The Man I Love - George Gershwin
40. Mean To Me - Turk-Ahlert
41. Mood Indigo - Duke Ellington
42. Moonlight In Vermont - Karl Suessdorf
43. The More I See You - Harry Warren
44. My Funny Valentine 1 - Richard Rodgers
45. Nature Boy - Eden Ahbez
46. Never Let Me Go - Jay Livingston
47. Night And Day - Cole Porter
48. A Night In Tunisia - Dizzy Gillespie
49. On Green Dolphin Street 1 - Bronislau Kaper
50. Prelude To A Kiss - Duke Ellington
51. Save Your Love For Me - Buddy Johnson
52. Skylark - Hoagy Carmichael
53. Solitude 1 - Duke Ellington
54. Someone To Watch Over Me - George Gershwin
55. Stardust - Hoagy Carmichael, Mitchell Parish (1929)
56. Stella By Starlight - Victor Young
57. Summertime - George Gershwin
58. Take The A Train 1 - Billy Strayhorn
59. Teach Me Tonight - Gene DePaul
60. Tenderly - Walter Gross
61. Them There Eyes - Tracy-Tauber-Pinkard
62. There Is No Greater Love - Isham Jones
63. They Can't Take That Away From Me - George Gershwin
64. Things Ain't What They Used To Be - Duke Ellington
65. A Weaver Of Dreams - Victor Young
66. What Is This Thing Called Love - Cole Porter
67. You Don't Know What Love Is - Raye-DePaul